'Mystery Meat' Mobile

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Ketta

We bought our place in July of 2005. The salesman was a typical salesman, but he had a good sense of humor and went the 'extra mile' for us in several ways.

While showing us this mobile we bought, some selling points he felt were worth noting were: the panelling is real wood veneer (not the fake crap), as were all the cabinet and drawer fronts throughout the house. I confess I commented that hey dude...panelling is panelling! But I'm still glad for this selling point.

Anyhow, I digress..the model name of our mobile is 'Vardo', though even on the title the maker isn't listed. I vaguely remember who the salesman told us it was, as he said that the Vardo was the 'high end' answer to the maker's more common model (which I don't remember either).

Has anyone heard of the 'Vardo' model? I've done a lot of looking online, even on databases of mobile home makes and models and found nothing. I'm interested to know more and perhaps chat with a fellow owner. I'm restoring the main bathroom drawer and cabinet fronts with colored stain and varnish for a fresher look, and I rarely see mobiles that have wood veneer to work with.

Thanks to anyone who read this whole long-winded post, and for hopefully providing more info.
betty_joanne

Hi,
I bought our mobile home without knowledge of make and model. I found out that it was a fleetwood on a plaque thing outside of the mobile home. Walk around your mobile home and look for some kind of identification.
Also, people have said that other places to look for info are under kitchen sink, master closet, kitchen pantry, and electrical box. I never found info in any of those places.
I then found a website called mh quote and pretty much stumbled on the model of my mobile home. I have a 3 bedroom/3 bath so kind of unusual.
Ketta

Yeah, on the back end is the 'Vardo' metal thingy. On all those metal plaque-type identification things attached to the home, the only info is in numbers; date, plant where it was manufactured, state manufacture info, and so forth. Only one or two numbers aren't obvious as to what they mean.

So, I'll look at them again and go to the site you suggested (thank you!) and see if it helps.

It's more of a personal mystery I want to solve. I mean heck, what if I've got one of those rarities that in 20 more years would be worth more just because of the name? (Dream on Ketta, I know).

Anyway, thanks again for that site info.