Update!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Sylvia

I'm not exactly sure where this post should go. So, I'm sticking it here. We finally moved into our downstairs! We slept down there the first time last night. We did jump the gun a bit though. We only have about one third of the laminate down but put the bed in that part. :~) The master bath is complete, we just need to move our toiletries down. We also did not anticipate how much noise doggie toes make on laminate. We have two dog boys in serious need of some toe nail clipping!

I thought I'd like the bedroom comforter set we had upstairs and was going to make due. It almost matches the paint color and looks horrible. I now have to find the rest of the set online that I have a comforter for. It looks great but no clue as how to find it. I got it at Goodwill. I knew it was a horribly expensive brand and wonderfully constructed when I got it and knew it would be good for something. Now, I just have to find the rest of it. :?
Maureen

Hey Sylvia,

The post is fine here!

Congrats on getting the downstairs almost finished! How cool is that?

Now, if you purchased comforter set at Goodwill, you have to know that the design is at least a few year old! You most likely aren't going to match anything perfectly. Try coordinating the sheets, bed skirt, shams and drapes and whatever else you might want!

Everyday I get brides trying to match every color perfectly for their weddings. Do you have any idea how impossible that is? Even with silk flowers you can't match colors! There are over 400 shades of white alone! Not to mention that silk flowers are made in China and they have no idea what colors US designers are using this season, nor do they care LOL! I pull my hair out daily trying to explain to brides that you can coordinate colors and have a beautiful outcome! They're always pleased with the outcome!

Ok, so why not live a little on the edge? Instead of matching the comforter, try coordinating it with other fabrics and colors? I've got a beautiful periwinkle, beige and gold comforter that I found at Penney's outlet. Nothing else actually matches, as in a set, but it coordinates very well!

Find your favorite color in the comforter and work from there!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
sherry

Sylvia,
Doyou have a free cycle chapter of some sort in your area? If so, just post a "want"--maybe something will come up.
sherry
Sylvia

As it turns out, the comforter I wanted to use is too small for the king sized bed we have coming next week. The one I had planned on for the guest room is too big for the guest room so I'm doing a little switcherooni. The MBR will be done all but the baseboards by next weekend!
We were able to get new furniture. I feel like a "real" grownup. I've never had matching bedroom furniture in all my years. This is my first bedroom set that's not a hand me down or bought piece meal from auctions. :D
dandjbarrett

Congratulations!!! 8)
Yanita

Hey Sylvia,

Good hearing from you. Sooo, you finally made it downstairs. Must seem good after all the time and expense to get this far.

I no longer have the problems with comforters not fitting all beds, they all have queen size, and all my comforters/spreads are white, so everything works!

LOL, I had the grown up feeling several years ago, when we bought a matching living room set...unfortunately I hated the set the day we bought it, Hmmmm, Hubby was involved in the purchasing, need I say more.

Buying furniture these days is just not as easy as it was years ago, everything around here is huge overstuffed crap, and coffee tables as big around as the dining table.

well, when you get your room put together show us some pics!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Sylvia

I'm home the next two days waiting for the fed ex truck and the freight truck with furniture.

I'll make sure to post pictures when I have the room put together. The canopy tester came two days ago and it matches the fireplace mantle in the bedroom pretty closely. Hopefully it won't be too matchy matchy.
Yanita

Hey Sylvia,

Can't wait to see the pics!

Yanita
Sylvia

I uploaded a few pictures of the bedroom with the new furniture. What do you think is wrong with the curtains? I know there is something but I can't put my finger on it.
Yanita

Hey Sylvia,

Nice set...whew, looks like you just cleared the ceiling fan.

The curtains...JMO, try removing the red panels, got a little to much going on there.

Yanita
readysetgo

Your room is beautiful. If you want the window to look like one large corner window instead of two side by side windows, you could remove just the corner red panels and somehow put the white sheers close together in the corner or put the red curtains together in that corner so you can't see the corner wall. Maybe pin them up higher up and might not even have to re-do curtain rods. The white sheers could maybe be dyed to match the color of the comforter/curtains which looks like a beige/tan. Not really sure by the picture. We women are sure hard to please aren't we, always changing things around and wanting something different. It looks really elegant.
RSG
Yanita

Hi,

They make corner curtain rods that will allow the curtains to go into the corner as RSG was talking about. A little spendy and generally can be bought at a high end curtain/drape store. Or you could just make sure the rod hooks are as close together in the corner as possible still allowing the rods to hook into place. Generally that works as well.

Yanita