AMSOIL and me

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

altasnowman

Hi everyone, Have been doing some research on synthetic oils and was talking to AMSOIL today and am very seriously thinking about becoming a dealer. Has anyone dealt with them before and what does everyone think about synthetic oils. :?
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......
Harry

Hi

It is my understanding synthetics have been around a long time. They cost more initially but provide better protection for a longer period of time.

Harry
Last edited by Harry on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
hvac1000

Been using Amsoil for over 30 years. Great stuff. When I had the company all the service trucks used Amsoil and there filters. Never replaced a motor in all those years. Some of the 460 Ford jet boats I had took a beating and never a motor failure due to lubrication.

It costs more but I have it delivered by UPS which makes it convenient. They also make some great gun lubricant.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Jim from Canada

All the drag racers use synthetics. Amsol, and Royal Purple are the 2 I see the most. Red Line is used quite a bit too.

Jim
dandjbarrett

I use mobil one synthetic in my car and noticed the engine temp is lower at normal operating speed. We've used it for several years. Love it.
PennylessZ28

dandjbarrett wrote:I use mobil one synthetic in my car and noticed the engine temp is lower at normal operating speed. We've used it for several years. Love it.

I have used Amsoil in all my cars, I used mobile one, but the problem there is, it isn't synthetic dude. Exxon bought Mobil a few years back, and adjusted some of their products, read the label carefully and you'll see that their Mobil One now contains some trace protroleum products.
Greg

Synthetics as a whole are fine, one thing I have found is don't switch a motor with a lot of miles on it over. It seems like ANY seepage with conventional oil becomes a leak with synthetic. If you start a new or low milage out with synthetic you won't have any problems. Greg
Last edited by Greg on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
altasnowman

Hi Everyone.
Thanks for the input. Well i have taken the plunge and sent in the application to become an independent dealer with Amsoil, just waiting for everything to show up now. A new chapter in my life begins and i already have people thinking i must be nuts to do this, but i tell them that the doctors have told me to keep myself busy am hoping this will keep me busy and it does fall into what they tell me i can do. Hope that this wont be to hard on my wrists. Just to let everyone know why i am retired is when you argue with a load binder and lose it rearranges your bones in many pieces, so much so that i now have a artificial wrist and one that is fused solid. Well fingers crossed, let the journey begin on the next chapter in my life.
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......
JD
Site Admin

Good luck to you, Rudy.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
dandjbarrett

Best wishes, Alta. I hope this turns out to be a rewarding venture for you. :)