All done!!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jaie

It went really really well. Really well. The guys were total pros. $2100 for the trailer, $1400 for the move and leveling. I'm currently uploading pictures to:
http://flickr.com/photos/jaie/sets/72157601910149785/

But be patient, I'm on dial up and it might take some time.
Yanita

WOO HOO,

I am soooo happy for you, solid floors once again!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jaie

Me too!! Solid all the way! Had some issues with the front door. It was swelled so bad it was like it was welded shut. We ripped the frame apart kinda bad, but it's fixable. There was some wine glasses in t here, they didn't even tip on the shelves!!
Greg

Jaie, Congrats on the new home! get everything checked for winter, We have a little over a month! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jaie

Baby steps Greg, baby steps. I still have to find a licensed electrician to hook it up!!
Yanita

Well Jaie, maybe you can find a gently used traditional door since you have already ripped the frame up. Got to start those renovations somewhere LOL.

Am so happy for you and now I need to go and take a look at your pics!

Yanita
JD
Site Admin

Hi Jaie,

That is great! This will be a much nicer place for you. Congratulations!

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Jaie

Thanks everyone, you've all been with me through the years of the current trailer, and I think I'll have even more fun with the "new". And hey, at least I take lots and lots of pictures. Although, I feel bad I missed the actual move. I was going to record that and upload, but well...you can see that story here:
http://jaie.livejournal.com/1551248.html I also did in my blog up here, but the one at LJ is far more complete including the bee and spider mess. Oh, and the mouse poop.
Yanita

Good morning,

Yup, looked at your pics last night...great shots. Wow, it looks like you got a good deal on the home. Guess I better go check out your blog and the other link.

It looks sooo big! I bet you are excited about getting ready to move in...

When we got this place last year, I had immediate plans on what walls were to get relocated and all these other big plans...well the master bath was the first project, and is complete now, with the exception of touch up painting...as for the rest of it...

I am glad I lived here for awhile before I made some of the initial changes! Hmmm, where are you going to put that beautiful fireplace surround!

Can't wait to follow you through with your updates and decorating...

Is that a new furnace in that home, if not it sure was kept clean!

Yanita
Jaie

I think the furnace was just kept clean! I can't say the rest of the place was. I've got about 3 bags of trash to haul out! All from about 1991 or so. My understanding is, it's a 1983, the owner lived in it from that time until about 1992 or so. It's sat empty since then. After I had it checked over, and over, and oh yes, over one more time, everyone said that for being up here, and not lived in, it was in near mint condition.

You know, you are about the third person to ask about that fireplace of mine ;) everyone loves it. I haven't really decided yet. I really want to leave that big wall in the living room empty, and the living room part of the push out is to become the library and craft area. So, I still need to decide on the surround still. It might even go into my bedroom, who knows.

I actually have colors picked out (that is on the blog here at Mobile Home Repair) and enough walls that can be painted to make me very happy. And the paneling isn't bad either.
Yanita

I think we differ greatly in our decorating, but I have a fireplace surround in my bedroom. It is real old and was salvaged from a very old home local to us! I love it!

I personally like my painted paneling, but then it just seems to work with the cottage/farmhouse type theme I have happening here.

Love the bay window in your bedroom, but I am also one who likes alot of sunlight, you should get alot of light in that room with the mirrored closet doors. Plants..certainly, they are everywhere in my house...LOL, Hubby cringes as fall approaches, as the outside moves in...

Ok, off to check your blog, wanna see what you are choosing for colors!

Yanita
Busybee1952

Hi Jaie,
I'd say you got one fantastic deal all the way around! Congratulatons! What fun to start over with a new place!
Pat
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Jaie

Thanks Pat, yeah for moving and the trailer, $3500 wasn't bad.

Yanits, you'll probably hate my big bold shades. I like it bright, and I like it minimal. I try to let the few things I like carry the room. And I hate ruffles not on my dresses :D