Man It's hot!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

I don't know about you guy's but in So,Calif it's really,really hot! I'm glad I installed my own Central air conditioner (It's working overtime) but it's a cool 78 degrees indoors, but I feel like a prisoner.

This was in the shade reading.
JD
Site Admin

Hey Jim,

Man, I know it is hot. I am in Central CA where we have been playing in 100+ for a while. Last week we also had some high humidity which made it worse. The pool is a lifesaver!

I am going to move this post to the OT forum, since it is not a repair issue. Stay cool!

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Susan

It's been pretty toasty in Wine Country also. High 90's to low 100's for several days with really low humidity. Today is a little cooler and will hopefully stay that way. Was way too warm for me. My swamp cooler was able to keep my DW at a nice 73 inside though.

Susan
Susan

Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
Yanita

Hey Guys,

Here in my area of NC the weather has been warm, but thankfully out of the triple digits. We had a spell a few weeks ago that was well into the hundreds and that weather lasted about 3 weeks! One day with heat indices's it was 122, and if I remember correctly the humidity was somewhere in the 80% area!

Hang in there fall is coming. It won't be long and some of us will be complaining about the cold winter rains and winds, others deep freezes and knee deep snow!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

They said it got to 106 today, but it didn't feel that hot. It id supposed to cool down about 10 degrees for tomorrow's high, then upper 90's. They also say around 90 for a high in 15 days, but that is a long ways out to forecast. We'll see. Sure would be nice!

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.

You know guys every year it's going to get hotter and hotter were breaking new records every year! I hope the leaders of this world would do something soon! of course China won't! more open pit coal burning mines are popping up everywhere in China. Pretty soon it will be too late to stop it.

The 11th hour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IBG2V98IBY

Oddly enough, it has been fall-like here in New England for most of August. Only 2 brief 3-day periods where the heat was over 90 (and only in Boston). I was on vacation last week and the temperature rarely got above 80. Great for working on the MH. Right now it's a crisp 69 degrees at 10PM and tomorrow's high is only 72!
Mark
Site Admin

Our temps too are cooling off, although we did hit a couple days in the 90's over labor day. But with a breeze and no humidity, it didn't feel 90.

Up here in the great cold north (South Dakota), starting in September we'll glady take any hot day that comes along, because the cold weather is knocking at our door! And cold weather stinks! We've already had a couple mornings in the 40's.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Harry

Hi

Yep been hot here.

We set the stat on 80. With ceiling fans on we like it.

I need to line up some projects when things cool down....next month.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?