Holes in Wood panel......

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nikki_0724

When I bought my home it had holes in the panel and the people had put a panel color stick over it. Today I rested my hand on the sticker and it ripped. Does anyone know where I can find these panel patches at?

Thanks
JD
Site Admin

Hi Nikki,

I am not sure I know what it is you are looking for. If this is like a peel-n-stick maybe it was something to match the panels from the factory or maybe it was a contact paper that matched it pretty close. There are batten strips that have the finished wood grain look. All-Rite Aluminum http://www.all-rite.com/ still has some of the mobile home paneling and matching batten strips.

Hope this helps.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
nikki_0724

What was up there was a sticker for lack of a better word.... Very thin... peel and stick kind of thing.
Maureen

Hi Nikki,

I'm going to guess that it was just a good match of contact paper. Contact has a number of wood grain peel and stick papers available. I bet a former owner creatively covered the hole with the contact paper!

I only know this because I covered the back part of an entertainment center once with contact paper. It was one of those thrifty little pieces from a box store. Ryan had knocked out the holes for his old TV and audio system, then he upgraded. The audio system was much smaller. I took cardboard and covered the larger holes in back of the new set up he has. Works great!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'