Wanted: Pics of Cats & Homes

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

I'm looking for pics of cats and mobile homes. Kind of stupid, but here's why.

A week or so ago we installed a spam prevention program which so far has stopped all spam bots from registering. Basically its a program that shows several pictures of cats and cars. To register, you have to check all the pictures of the cats -- something the spam bots haven't figured out how to do, so they leave us alone.

Right now in the program I have the default pictures. To make it super secure, I need to change the pictures. So help me change those pictures by sending me clear pictures of your cat and mobile home (I'm changing the default from cars to mobile home). Please send them to [email protected].

Thanks,
Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
kashton

I'll assume the cat and mobile have to be in the same pic?
And to totally straight, I'll assume the cat is the "Meow" type, and not the machinery type? I would have a really hard time getting a pic of a piece of machinery in front of my home. If you wanted Police cars with mobiles, we seem to have plenty of that in our park lately.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Mark
Site Admin

No, I need the cats and mobile homes in separate pictures. If a police car is in the background, that's fine! LOL

Mark
PennylessZ28

You have that big a problem with spam?
Mark
Site Admin

The average visitor didn't see the spam because at the time we manually activated all new registrations. The spam registrations never got a chance to post for others to see. Believe me, if they did post, they would have taken over the board in 1 day.

In the background, we spent a lot of time daily checking and deleting spam registrations. Now that we don't have to do that anymore, we can spend more time answering posts and doing other fun things on this site.

I'm not saying that a spam registration won't slip through from time to time, but for the most part the new mod has been very affective at keeping spam out. By changing the pictures, we hope to keep it that way!

Mark
Handweaving

Hi Mark,
I've looked high and low and can't find the pics I'm looking for.
A SWAT team taking over the house across the street - in the daylight - before school let out.
I got some great shots.
Anyway if I find them I'll send them.
Maureen

Hey Mark,

Just got home from another Saturday wedding day! woo hoo!

I'm a dog person, I don't have any photos of cats. I do have the neighbors cats over here all the time. If I get a some extra time, I'll try to snap a few photos of them to help ya out there!

You know that I understand the spam problem upon registration! That's what killed and got the old photo album trashed. It all starts with Spam and that can open holes in programs these days. Staying on top of it is a almost a 24/7 job. I am so happy that I sold the server business! I now have that time to both play a bit and breath... my head is a lot clearer also LOL!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
kashton

With Harry's post of Feral cats, he should be able to supply plenty of pics. I have to charge the camera batteries, and try to figure out how to use it. My kids aren't here to show me.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Busybee1952

You can use this one if you want.

With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Yanita

Hey Mark, did you get my furkids...

Yeah that new mod you added has made all the difference in the amount of time I have had to spend deleting spam..thanks
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!