NASCAR

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Yep

Jr. is crying all the way to the bank. NASCAR's most popular driver 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 ....so say the fans.

I wonder if he'll make the race?

Vermont !! Neat country. Sure love that maple syrup. Are the leaves changing yet?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Harry,

It's possible they are beginning to change. They are having an abnormally warm summer so who knows. We have not been home in 5 years. After much pleading from the family we will be leaving this Thursday late afternoon.

Yup, we will be be bringing some home, the town we are originally from is the Maple Center of the world. Will also be bringing home some real hot dogs...here in NC everything is red or worse yet a combination of all things but beef and natural casings!

Very pretty country up there, and it is just that...country. MY DIL was in total shock when I told her there is no Burger King within 50 miles of where we will be staying...her mouth dropped to the ground!

We will be doing alot of traveling once we get there. Have alot of friends in NH, Maine and Montreal Canada, have some friends there as well. If we can leave Vermont on schedule we also would like to stop and meet Greg and family on our way back....

I am not looking forward to the 13 hour power drive after working the day, Hubby too! Have babysitter for the fur kids and someone to tend the plants while we are gone, everything from swim suits to sweatshirts are packed. Kind of looking forward to cooler weather, we have been in the triple digits for quite awhile now.

Hey have you been watching the tropical storms....the gulf is looking really nasty, then there is Hurricane Flossy. Family in Vermont is already upset, I told everybody if a hurricane is headed our way I am headed home!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Yanita, as long as you want "real" food If you do make a stop here I be sure to send you home with some genuine salt patatos. As far as I know this is the only area in the world that grows them. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

Salt potatoes dipped in butter....yummy.

Yep, we always have someone watch the home while we are away.

Enjoy the vac.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Greg

Harry, you must have been through centeral New York, Most people from out of the area have no idea what they are. Greg
Harry

Hi

In my previous life 30 years ago I travelled all over. Syracuse as I recall.

Same era I was in Buffalo where they had the wings served with celery and blue cheese dip. In Buffalo the guy I was working with had a second job hauling loads of snow from parking lots to the river for $8.00 a load. I'm from Florida and thought this was real neat.

Harry
Greg

Syracuse is "the salt city" If you don't believe me, just look at the cars!!! Greg