NASCAR

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Hey Jim from Canada...

LOL, get the yard work done early, and all other chores, grab a cold beer around 2, it's race day in the Poconos!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

#2 was the "car of the day". Good race.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
dandjbarrett

You may get a chuckle from this. It made me :lol:

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/n ... ls_winning
Jim from Canada

Well here it is, Monday. We missed the race, we were up on the Manitoulin Island to visit family and take in Haweater weekend. It was fantastic. We had a great time watching the parade, touring the street vendors, watching all the decorated boats and some of the best fireworks I have ever seen! I highly recommend it for the August long weekend if you can handle the traffic. I think the population more than doubled on the Island so if anyone has the idea to attend, start making reservations now! We will catch the re-run of the race on SpeedTV on thursday. My nieces husband said someone went flying through the air, is this so???? or did he just see the lead in tape for the race?

Jim and Sal
Yanita

Good morning Jim,

OK, let's get the rules of NASCAR straight ROFL :lol:

Even when on vaca nothing precedes NASCAR... well maybe when grandkids show up we miss some of it.

Hmm, something went flying thru the air...not that I saw but then refer to the grandkid comment.

I know there was all kinds of end of the race drama in the Busch series. Check with NASCAR.com

Glad you had a great vaca, I will be getting mine shortly, headed to Vermont on the 16th.

Have a great day!

Yanita
Harry

Junior breaks an engine.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Hey Hary,

Have missed most of this race, had to bring the grandkids home.

Was pulling into my yard and heard on the radio that Tony overdrove a corner and spun himself out while in the lead...typical.

Anyways after coming back from 19th to now 3rd, hopefully he can get in front of Hamlin (team mate) and J. Gordon. he is a real good road course driver.

Did you catch the dirt racing him and Denny just did, hopefully they don't take each other out!

Yanita
Harry

Yep

That move made the replays a few times.

Harry
Harry

Yep

Good race. #20 wins...again.

Harry
Yanita

Yup, WOO HOO,

You can tell it's the second half of the season, so far true to form for Tony won the last 3 out of 4!

Gotta admit I laughed when Gordon over drove the corner at the end, they chuckled on the car radio when Tony did it.

Well off to check out NASCAR .com, missed the after race interviews...phone was ringing with calls.... :D

Till next week end at Michigan

Yanita
Jim from Canada

Just watching Watkins Glen, on delay here. No beer for Jim though, I am taking Warfarin for a blod clot in my leg. Probably won't be able to get my knee fixed until after that is cleared up. Until then Tylenol is my best friend.

Jim
Harry

Hi Canadian Jim

I'm on warfarin too.

I wish my clot was in my leg instead of my aorta. LOL

Take care.

Harry
Jim from Canada

Good ole Rat poison is what it is! lol. Take it easy!

Jim
Jim from Canada

Poor ole' Jr. Seems he has had a run of bad luck since his announcement to leave DEI. Hope his season gets better. But anyway, YAAAAYYY TONY!!!!

Jim
Yanita

Hey Jim,

Jr has not done so well for the past few years. Seems all drivers go thru their slumps.

Not sure I like the idea of Kyle Busch joining JGR Racing, but it is not my call. Was reading on the NASCAR.com site that alot of folks think that ream will be a power house that NASCAR has never seen before.

Personally I see alot of head butting coming up, JMO. I am not a fan of either of the Busch boys, but they are both talented drivers.

I gotta find out what this rumor is that Gibbs and Toyota are talking...certainly hope they don't go that route!

Did you here about a fan running onto the track to get Kenseth autograph while they were shut down on a red flag. What a hoot that was!

I won't be around a computer this coming Sunday. Gonna be in Vermont for a week visit with family and friends. The only computers available are on dial up...not sure I have the patience for that.

Take care race fans and will pick this up again after vaca.

Yanita