Tornados and Homes

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

altasnowman

Today is what they are calling Black Friday here in Edmonton. It was on this day 20 years ago that a F4 tornado swept through the city and through Evergreen Mobile Home Park.If you have access to Canadian TV you can watch the ceremonies tonite on Global TV Edmonton @6P.M. MDT. altho we did not live in the park at the time i was one of the first ones to arrive on site. it is a sight that i will never forget. to see the damage that was done you would say a bomb had gone off. You may be able to see the broadcast on Internet by going to http://www.canada.com/globaltv/edmonton and seeing if you can watch the newscast. I hope that no one ever has to go through this again. :(
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......
Yanita

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the info and the link.

As this is not a repair question I am going to move it to the Off Topic foum.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
geraldk

i remember the day like it was yesterday altasnowman
i was on clean up in the industrial section the next day
im not a dr. but ill take a look
kashton

Hey altasnowman.
I was watching the weather network yesterday and seen parts of Alberta and Sask were expecting Tornadoes. Any news from you on what is happening there. My sis lives in Tofield, and has been working everyday, so I can't get hold of her to find out.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!