Nascar

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Hey Robert,

Do you have track pass, pitt command?

Well just letting you know that although Tony is moving thru the field good at the moment, it might not last.

Listening to him and Zippy on the car radio...Tony's car started running hot during the laps prior to the flag, 220 degrees.

Lap 10 and his car is still running hot, even when he is running in clean air! Not good for a day that is already hot!

Gordon up to 10th, Johnson up to 15th and Tony from 14th starting position to 5 th!

Lotta race to go....

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Yo

And Tony climbs the fence ... again.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Wonderful sight I might say! :D

It was a real good race today, everyone ran a good clean race.

Was a little disappointed that NASCAR called Kevin Harvick to the hauler for rough driving. Yeah he gave the side of Tony's car a donut after the race was over...generally that has always been considered a victory donut!

Hopefully they don't penalize Kevin to badly.

LOL, they are certainly going to penalize Tony for saying BS during his interview.

Again, LOL, don't know how many of you race fans have track pass, but if you were listening to Tony and Zippy on the final laps that Tony was chasing Kevin...Tony was calling out "here kitty, kitty", it was pretty funny to hear it over the radios.

Hey Harry, did you get my personal message?

Yanita
Jim from Canada

RATS! I missed the race...have been following more this year than any other as I think Yanita is spreading something contagious with NASCAR, lol. Oh well, I think they will have a re-run on the TV on Thursday and we will catch it then. I like it when Tony wins!! Too bad about JJ though, I caught that crash on the high lights and it was pretty scary!

Jim
geraldk

GO #10
lol i watch it whenever i get the chance
im not a dr. but ill take a look
Yanita

Yeah, I was glad he was safe,

but after that it was oops...poor Jimmy's car.

NASCAR is like any other sport Jim, either you will like it or you don't. I personally love it. If you ever have the chance to go to a race...do it, nothing like watching it on the television.

The sound, the smell, the vibration of 43 cars, 800 horsepower each screaming past at 150mph plus at any given track!

Yanita
Harry

Hi

Daytona Beach, FL (Sports Network) - NASCAR docked Tony Stewart 25 Nextel Cup series driver championship points and fined him $25,000 on Monday for using foul language during a television interview following his victory at Sunday's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard in Indianapolis.

Stewart will retain fifth place in the standings, but will have his points dropped to 2,599, which is now 17 ahead of Carl Edwards.

Joe Gibbs, the owner of Stewart's No. 20 Chevrolet, was also penalized 25 car owner championship points due to the infraction

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

LOL,

Yup, it's a known fact Tony is his own worse enemy!

Hardly worth the win when you are docked the precious points...the "Chase" is not far away....

Sometimes I think NASCAR takes the micro management a little bit far...apparently they do not watch daytime tv, for the most part neither do I , but I have heard some "language" on soap operas.

LOL, bet Gibbs hauls Tony back to the hauler!

Yanita
Jim from Canada

I know about addicting motorsports lol. Just watch a Top Fuel car go down the quarter mile once! It is an awesome spectacle that invades all of your senses at the same time. Maybe we can catch a NASCAR race in Michagan sometime :)

Jim
Yanita

LOL Jim,

We also have a drag strip the next town up from me.

We try to go a few times a year.

They have the pro class and then they do a local "run what you brung" series...that can be pretty funny!

Still want to get to Virginia and watch the hill climbs!

When we lived in Vermont we used to go to the sled races (snow machines). There were several events that are done on ice. Loved the one in the spring...yup, thin ice, take your chances...there objective is to go as fast as you can and see if you can skim across the water to the next patch of ice!

Pretty funny sometimes to watch the sleds go outta site. Bubble bubble... bubble bubble!

Not to many motor sports that don't capture our attention sometimes...even to being big kids when we go to Concorde NC. There is a NASCAR sanctioned theme park with some really cool go carts...yup, we ride um, all day, and the NASCAR simulator.

Well gotta get outside and start planting some trees...uuuugggghhhh!

Yanita