Fishing

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

JD
Site Admin

Wow, when I first looked at it, it looked like a round pole. Now that you told me what it is, I can see it plan as day. I sure would like to hook into a bunch of baby tarpon 30-80 pound and then at least one big one, realistically 130 or more. I know they get bigger, but not living there, it can be an ongoing pursuit. I subscribe to Florida Sportsman to fuel my day dreams. It says that there are some big tarpon off the beaches in the mornings.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kashton

This is what the hubby caught today. 30 pound Spring (King salmon)and of course, my baby girls catch last night.ImageImage
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
JD
Site Admin

Good going! mmmmm Salmon... See you are having some luck now. That's great! I am going up in the Sierras Trout fishing Wednesday. Been a long time since it wasn't a bass I was after. But it is a special request from a good friend. If they aren't too dinky, I'll post pics. Probably should start a new post though. This one is stretching out.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi

Our salmon is all imported. Sure is good eating. How do you cook the salmon?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
kashton

We usually smoke most of our fish, but this one, we will fillet, wrap in foil with spices and a bbq sauce and soy sauce mix. Then let it simmer in the foil.

The trout my daughter caught will go to one of the single ladies in the park that loves trout.
troyster

Hi Harry! another suggestion is stuffing the salmon with sliced lemons & onions then wrapping with foil and cooking on the BBQ. when fish is almost done squirt some BBQ sauce inside then finish cooking. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm good. Another suggestion is butterflying the salmon and cooking flesh down on the BBQ then turn salmon onto its skin half way through and covering with Troyster's Famous BBQ sauce to finish
JD
Site Admin

Another salmon recipe. Lay out a big piece of heavy duty foil, a few sprigs of dill, a few (or lot) slices of butter, some 1/4" slices of lemon a little salt and pepper. Install the fresh caught, no color added, wild salmon fillet on top. I wrap it all up making sure to crimp the edges shut. Then I flip it over and wrap it again, with the seam crimped on the other side. Inside the foil, the lemon and stuff is on top. Throw it on a hot BBQ about 12 min, flip and another 1o min (depending on thickness). Served with rice and asparagus with hollandaise.

That 's the way I do it.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

troyster

I'm getting hungry JD! I will have to finish off BBQ Sockeye salmon we had on the barby yesterday.
Harry

Hi

Thanks for the recipes. I’m going to do some grilling this weekend.

About once a month I make salmon patties. I buy the cheap canned salmon with the bones, skin and fins. Add egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning. Fry em up crispy in a skillet. A little catsup on the side.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
troyster

Harry try the salmon patties with some Worcestershire sauce on top - its mmmmm good. For those that like crab and shrimp instead of dipping in butter try dipping in soy sauce its mmmm good plus less fattening. well I'm off soon to cook & bake in a fire fighting camp - different from mining or logging camp but should be an exciting experience.
JD
Site Admin

Picked a dozen of these today. I wrecked my trolling motor so I had to give it up at noon. I also got a late start. I kept holding off on a picture hoping for at least a 4 pounder but as the magic morning period was ending I figured I better get a picture of A fish.

There were a pair of bald eagles nesting and hanging out with me all day. That was cool.

JD

☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

geraldk

if ya'll have a dishwasher try 2 drying cycles for a salmon wrapped in tinfoil with your favorite flavoring and voila poached salmon
*note dont use the was cycle just the drying cycle. i
i have done this twice now with excellent success
i learned this from a french chef buddy of mine..
works wonderful in the winter when its -40 up here and ya dont wanna stand outside and bbq
im not a dr. but ill take a look
kashton

LOL, now I'll have to get myself a dishwasher. My family says we already have one, me!