I am a grammy again

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

macmom

We have a new grandson. Born last night. He was 9 weeks early but weights a healthy 3 lbs 14 oz. He is in the NICU. They may be flighting him out to another hsp because of over crowding at our local hsp. He is having a few lung problems. They have him on a ventilator. But that is ok. He is tiny but so very beautiful. He is our first grandson, we have a granddaughter born last year.
We are so happy and his dad (our son) is proud and scared and worried... Will keep my mobilehomerepair family posted on his condition. Macmom
Yanita

Hey Macmom,

Congrats on the new Grandson!

What's his name?

For being a preemie, he is still pretty good sized. Won't take long for his lungs to dry up and start gaining that all important weight.

I know our hospital is busy, but man for the size of it and all the new construction as well, would think we would have room for local babies!

Keep us updated, and if the kids allow post a pic when he is coming home!

Take care and thanks for the family update!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

Congratulations Macmom! We are still waiting for our #2. I know our grandson gives us some of our greatest pleasures.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Mark
Site Admin

Congrats MacMom! It'll hopefully be at least 10 years before I see any grandchildren! LOL

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
macmom

Tyler is doing well. Still on the vent but is improving....
Yanita

Hi Macmom,

Glad to hear Tyler is doing well!

Is he still at our hospital, or did they transfer him somewhere?
Hopefully he gets to stay here, we have one of the most advanced NICU's in the area.

Keep us posted.

Yanita
macmom

UPdate on Tyler.

He is critical. this weekend he took a nosedive and Saturday night was very very critical. he finally stabilized yesterday. and he is stable but critical now. He is still at Pitt which is a blessing because he is close by. Please continue praying for our little man.
macmom
Yanita

Hi Macmom,

So sorry to hear that Tyler is having a difficult time.

If you or the family need any errands run during this difficult time, let me know and I will certainly run around town for you guys.

Do you still have my number?

I will put Tyler in my thoughts and prayers.

Remember we have one of the best NICU's in the area. It is a blessing that he gets to stay close.

Although it is much easier to travel to Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill these days with the new by pass, it's still much better to have him that close to the kids.

Keep us posted, and again, call or email if you need me to help with anything.

Maybe lunch again when everything calms down.

~Yanita~
troyster

Hi Macmom! our hope & prayers go out to your family tonite. we hope for the best.
macmom

Just an update on our little man Tyler. He is still in the hsp. they have moved him from NICU to convalescent care. He is having a few problems keeping his heart rate up. So right now there is no projected release date.
I can not believe he is a month old. he now weighs 4 lbs 7 oz. I dont know where the month has gone.
We have been running to the hsp and taking care of things. then my neighbor went into labor 2 months early and gave birth to a little tiny 2 lb 4 oz baby. She is in a hsp 2 hrs away, as they didn't have room at the neo unit where our grandson is. So we are trying to take care of their animals, yard, as well as ours and seeing Tyler daily. Its an hour drive for us one way to go see Tyler. So we have been really really busy. Please continue your prayers for Tyler and our neighbors little girl. macmom
Yanita

Hey,

Glad to see this post and get to sigh a sigh of relief. I was getting concerned, it's been awhile since you posted!

Glad to hear Tyler is slowly improving and thanks for the update. Will continue to keep him and the other baby in our thoughts and prayers.

Yanita
Maureen

Hi Macmom!

I am so sorry that I missed your original post! My life has just been a bit crazy also!

I am so glad to hear that your grandson is improving. I've been on the aunt end of premature babies and the mother of a baby in NICU for a week. Nothing in life is harder!

If Tyler weighs 4.7, that sounds like he will be coming home pretty soon! My prayers are with you, your family, your son and daughter in law.

I've spent many days and nights holding my sisters hands during tense times with their grand children as babies. I've seen first hand how horrible that can be! My prayers are with Tyler, your whole family and your neighbors little baby girl.

I, for one, are in no rush to be a grandma! So far, my boys aren't ready to be fathers either.... so far!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'