Need Some Help

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

jinx

My doublewide was destroyed by fire so I am looking for another one. Does anyone know of a mobilehome repo place or something like that? I live in Bullhead City, AZ and the mobile cannot be older than 7 years old. Thanks for any help.
JD
Site Admin

I would contact the local banks and mortgage companies. If they have a repo manufactured home, they will work with with you a lot. You wouldn't be going through a real salesman.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Teatime

Check with Realtors, too. Mine was a Fannie Mae foreclosure, already sited and ready to move in! The Realty company I used had several foreclosed mobile homes on their own land and the Realtor checked them out for me so I didn't waste time on something I didn't want.

It was super-simple to make an offer through the Realtor and have them handle the paperwork, closing details, etc. I had a home inspection done, too, of course, and the Realtor called the utility companies to ensure the utilities were on for the inspection. It all worked out great!

Good luck!
Julie
Maureen

Hi jinx,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your home! Fire is never a good thing.

I know the Bullhead city, Laughlin area pretty well. You should have no problem finding repo in that area. I'm not sure how realtors and banks work across the state line down there. I know that between Ca and NV they are licensed in both in this area. I'm sure they are there also.

Also check your banks, like was suggested.

That's still a fairly transient area. Meaning quite a few folks still go back and forth between there and Vegas a lot. I'm sure that you'll find something.

Keep us posted when you can!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
jinx

Thanks for your recommendations. I want to put a mobile back on the same land. It is a great neighborhood. I checked a few places in Kingman, AZ, but it seems like I can get a better deal out of Phoenix even though it's further.

jinx wrote:Thanks for your recommendations. I want to put a mobile back on the same land. It is a great neighborhood. I checked a few places in Kingman, AZ, but it seems like I can get a better deal out of Phoenix even though it's further.
I get a Financial Forecaster newsletter from a fairly well known man in the US, Bob Chapman. His information is that foreclosures are reaching a real high with the US real estate bubble bursting. You know what the rule is, sell high, rent for a while whilst the prices fall, and buy low.

Just a thought.

Nicky