floor repair

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lrjester

Who was the person who had all of the great pics of his floor repair? I need to replace some floor by my front door, and I can't seem to think where to find the posts and the pics. I'll be doing this by myself, so I'll need all the help I can get....even if it is just helpful info online. :D After I get it repaired, then I can go find the vinyl flooring to put in.
Yanita

Hi,

LOL, many folks here have done floor repairs, so the pics could of been anyone.

To find current pics go to the blue task bar above and click on the photo link, this will take you to a list of individual albums, exterior albums,etc..

If you need further help let us know.

Also have you purchased the repair manual yet. You have heard it said before, its is an invaluable book to have in your DIY toolbox!

Also there are many threads on floor repairs, so make sure to do a search on those as well.

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
lrjester

Thanks Yanita! Yes, I have bought the book, and I'll do the search bar. I looked at the albums, but didn't find any pics on the floor repairs. I have just been putting it off, as I work nights and it's difficult to stay awake during the day most times. :oops: I'll just keep looking in here, I have to find the info sometime!
Yanita

Hopefully these pics are not from the photo album of the old forum.

Hackers destroyed that album, we no longer have them.

~Yanita~
Manitoba Bill

Yanita; I thought Maureen said she had saved all the pictures from the positudes site.

Irjester; do you remember the name of the person who did the floor repairs? I have saved many project pages by names of posters. Perhaps I can send you some of the floor repair ones.
Last edited by Manitoba Bill on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Hi Manitoba Bill,

Since I am still computer illiterate in many ways, I do not really know.

BUT, if you have several pics stored away and would not mind sharing you could post them to the album here?

Myself and others certainly could benefit from what you have stored.

Thanks Bill and hope all is well with you.

~Yanita~
Manitoba Bill

On checking I see "coolerman" made a "floor repair 101" site with a pretty darn good explanation back in Aug. of 2005.

http://www.globalsoftware-inc.com/coole ... Repair.htm

Others were Lane & Dana and Mark did a door area repair also back in july 2005.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Hi Manitoba Bill,

Thanks sooo much for posting the pics, greatly appreciate it!

Yanita!
lrjester

Manitoba Bill; Thank you!! That's the one I was looking for, coolerman...floor repair 101. Now, how do I save it? I tried to save the page to my computer, but it won't let me. Is it in archives?

Yanita; I didn't know the archives got lost, due to hackers. That's a shame. We mobile home owners have so little in resources to start with.

As for the floor repair, now I can read the post (thank you!), I can try to finish it up on my next days off. My next question is, Can I cut the bad floor out with a circular saw? Coolerman mentioned he used a reciprocating saw....but that won't cut the straight line i need on the one part.....recip saw will be good cutting under the wall areas.

Thanks a bunch!! :D
JD
Site Admin

Hi lrjester,

I use the reciprocating saw only when I need to cut along the walls. Where ever possible, I use the circular (worm drive) saw. You have to use the circular when cutting down the middle of joists. Also, if I am removing large pieces, I will quickly cut the area into smaller pieces to make them easier to remove. I find the chunks of floor is easier to remove if I put in an extra cut between 2 floor joists, so I can just push down on one side and leverage the piece out.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
lrjester

JD; Thanks for the info. Does it matter what blade to use though? On the circular? I used to have a spouse who I helped with stuff like this, but now, I am on my own. Does the blade need to be heavy duty?
My next day/night off is this Friday, maybe I can work on it some then.