Probably gonna be selling.

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

kashton

I finally found the puppy I want, but there is no way I'll be approved for it in this darn park, since I've been turned down about dogs before. The thing that bothers me is that there are bigger dogs in the park, that the office approved. So, this is me, gonna give my intent to sell notice when my pup arrives, if they don't approve.

He is a Karelian Bear Dog. And his name is gonna be Kaoss! Since we do allot of outdoor things(fishing, camping, and mushroom picking) I have wanted a bush dog. They don't come any bushier than this. That is why they are called a Bear dog.Image
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Barb P

Ohhhhhh, he's just beautiful!!!
BarbP
Harry

Hi

My grandkids would call him "Boots".

Nice pooch.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
JD
Site Admin

Nice looking pup and a great breed. Stay on top of him so he is well socialized. He'll be great for the outdoors. I know you know all of this, so I will say "He's cute!"

JD
Last edited by JD on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
kashton

So, it is official. We will be selling. My next door neighbour ratted me out to the office, and I don't even have the dog yet. After they finished their speech to me, I dropped off a letter to them with the B.C. Mobile Home regulations stating they are in breech of their own rules for making exceptions for new owners. I also gave them a list of the dogs in the park that are considered "HUNTERS" and that are on the list of dogs that have attacked people. Of course mine is not on the dangerous dog list. I also tried to explain that a dog does as trained, and that mine would not be trained to "KILL".

It really bothers me that some people are so ignorant!
kashton

P.S. Looks like a real Bad News KILLER, doesn't he!!!
Yanita

Hey Kashton,

Well I don not know if that is a good or bad thing that you are going to sell. Apparently you must have options available to you.

Yeah, it really bites when park management has different rules for different people. Around here if a dog attacks a person or another animal, there's a good chance it will be put down!

We have been plagued with stray pack dogs this summer. There are a few different packs that the dog catchers can't catch. They are real aggressive and seem to be able to out smart people.

A couple of weeks ago they were in my yard. They stood there ground even after I laid on the horn and tried to encourage them to leave with the front bumper.

It took animal control almost an hour to get here, and of course they wanted me to wait for them, guess they thought the dogs would stick around as long as they thought they had me cornered.

Unfortunately when all was said and done one was killed, it appeared to be a red chow mix, common for this area. The second dog looked to be part German Shepard, he got away, the third dog a small golden dog was caught.

The last few weeks I am kind of leery to be out at the pool or weeding the yard...it's really hard to pull weeds with a pistol....

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
kashton

Dogs can be vicious when they travel in packs. That seems to be when most attacks on people occur.

I would like to buy our friends lot. There would be plenty of room for kids, dog, cats, and there is already a heated shop. The house has been torn down. We would have to rebuild.

We have decided that this park isn't worth staying in. Giving new tenants the privileges! The ones that have been here for years obviously aren't worth poo-poo to them.
JD
Site Admin

Hi kashton,

The page turns and a new chapter opens up. I bet you and the pup would be happier on your own property.

It is hard to blame people for having phobias about formidable dogs. Attacks are always sensationalized on TV. People are beaten to a pulp by other people and sent to the hospital every day. But unless there was a weapon used, you don't usually hear about it.

You can see my little fido in my avatar. When people first meet her, most people are scared of her. I can totally understand that. She is very big and strong. Reddish, my dog, is very well trained, good tempered and sweet. And while she can be protective, she is never overly protective. She has never been aggressive to man or dog (can't say the same for cats and squirrels). But no one knows this stuff when they meet her. Raised and treated differently, she could easily be a menace and dangerous.

So if the park has fears, rules and/or possibly a wild hair affliction, turn the page. What you need is always out there. Just take the first step and the next step reveals itself.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Sylvia

That's how we ended up here. The park we were in decided on a one dog rule. We were already a two dog family by then. It would have been similar to asking which child we wanted to get rid of. :x After we bought this place the park owner told us that an exception would have been made for us and we wouldn't have been forced to give up either dog but it all worked out well in the end. We LOVE this home. It's gone up in value 3x in the past three years. That isn't something that could have happened without our own land.
Jim from Canada

I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in Ontario, the law states that people with pets cannot be discriminated against by landlords. They are recognised as family members.

Jim
Sylvia

That's kind of an odd law legally speaking. Animals can be bought and sold, they're property. As a pet owner, of course, they're family to us, but legally I know that the law sees them no differently than a patio set or a car.
Canada must be a few light years ahead of the US.
kashton

Here, Dogs fall under the "material possession" law. They can force me to get rid off him, but can't now with our intent to sell letter to them.
Jim from Canada

I copied this from the ORHT web site concerning pets

Pets
A landlord may evict a tenant for keeping an animal if it:
l caused undue damage,
l caused a serious allergic reaction in another person or the landlord,
l interfered with the normal enjoyment of the property by another tenant or the landlord, for
example, causing undue noise,
l acted aggressively to others – thus affecting their safety, or
l is a species or breed of animal that is inherently dangerous

These are the only legal reasons against pets. Not being allowed your pet is "interfering with the reasonable enjoyment of your home".

Jim
kashton

Well, he is living up to his name. Should have named him Mellow, or something like that.

Left him home for a couple of hours yesterday. He destroyed the blinds on the front window( I think the cat helped) and then he got on the desk in the boot-room, perched himself on the window ledge, then jumped down about 5 feet into the yard. He was sitting in the yard at the gate when I got home.

He also chewed off my hubbies shoe laces, and as gross as this sounds, helped himself to dinner in the cats litter box! He is so lucky that he is soooooo cute.

Can't say he is any worse than the kids though. And the cat doesn't seem to mind him.