Metal exterior wall/ ceiling panels?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Aarond8743

I have owned this 1985 Redman Mobile home for 2.5 yrs. It's been a learning process but I have managed to repair everything that needed repaired, so far.

The trailer has 2 additions to it, the one in question seems to have metal panels as exterior walls and the ceiling. It's a textured metal and its put together with metal walls trips and screws. The panels themselves seem to be well insulated as they're warm to the touch. The metal strips/batons that cover the seams get extremely cold and cause condensation to build on them. I haven't torn into it yet because I have never encountered these panels yet and cant find anything about them online.

If anyone has experienced these and could tell me how to better insulate the seams I'd greatly appreciate it. The room loses heat very quickly.

I tried to include some pictures with the post but it repeatedly said "file to large" so I'll describe them :they're white with texture like a ceiling has. The sit in a channel on floor level and the ceiling. The seams are covered with aluminum or similar metal strips with screws

Thank you! -Aaron, NE Ohio
Greg

It is hard to say without seeing them, but they sound like the panels may have been some type of kit addition pre made just assemble on site. you could try some low expansion foam if you can get to the void.
Pictures need to be resized to post here, most picture programs have that feature.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Aarond8743

Thank you for the reply. I have tried resizing the images by trimming off some of the picture. Still too large, I'm using a mobile phone with no photo editing app. But that sounds the most logical explanation

Thanks again!
Greg

You may be able to resize with your camera settings.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."