reroof

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

vandanman

have 14 x 70 mobile home and want to put 7/16 osb down with tpo on top with a 6 inch hang over and 2x4s for fascia beveled and screwed on then stainlss steel nails for fascia ,screws on osb to rafters and termination bars . Its a low slope tin roof with coating on it with rafters 16 apart. I was thinking about adding some 1x3 or 1x4s down middle and where the osb will connect the 2 sheets length wise but not on edges or frame. How do I determin if it can handle the weight with no peoblems? thanks
Greg

I am having a problem figuring out your project. Are you going over the whole roof with OSB?
If you are doing a roof over with steel, You are making more work. I screwed down my purlins and screwed new steel to them. I added 12" on each side. Then I made 2x4x8 boxes to attach the roof panels & soffit screwed to the wall studs to give me the overhang and ventilation.
there is a picture of what I did on our's here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11396&p=59051&hilit=soffit#p59051

There should be HUD sticker possibly by the breaker box that gives the roof rating Pounds per sq/ft.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."