Atwood storm door hinge

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

stryker221982

Hello all, first post here, in need of some help. I have a modular home built in 2006. I have an exterior door with a storm door i am told was made by attwood, and 2 of the 3 hinges have worn down to nothing. I cant find anything online and i was told by a couple mobile home parts stores that the hinges are no longer available and the design was changed on newer doors.

The hinges on mine are from what i can tell dual “Z” hinges held together by a thin pin

Hopefully someone knows what i am referring too and can help me figure something to get this working again.
Greg

that is called "planned obsolescence" by the time things wear out parts are no longer available. New doors run between $100 - 300 depending on what you want. Plan on around $200 for a good door. Any home center has doors that will fit there is an article in the articles section if you need to cut it down.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
stryker221982

Thank you for the reply, thats what I was afraid of. I cant believe there is not something out there to replace them with. The door itself is in perfectly good working order. Bummer. Anyways how does the frame of this storm door come off? There is no visible hardware attaching it to the frame of the main door. Is it possible being that it goes from the home to the garage they drywalled over the screws some how?
Greg

usually screwed from the frame face into the door frame.
can you post some pictures?

Greg
stryker221982

The site wouldnt let me attach files so I attached a link to my google photo drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xxn0F ... vdK2sfpXgv
stryker221982

Shows the frame on both sides and where the hinges sit and a shot of the hinge in quesion
Greg

I have never seen a frame like that. You could check Ebay for hinges or possibly make a conventional hinge work.

Greg