Shifting under-sink water lines

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mdnagel

The piping for my bathroom sinks are toward the middle of the cabinet. I was hoping that when I go to do my piping re-plumb (with PEX) that I can shift those lines back toward the wall. Wondering if I can just run up against the wall using drop ears.

Here's a picture of what it looks like under the sinks::
SinkLines.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

By all means, when you replumb you can reroute the lines anywhere you want them. Do yourself a favor and change the valves to brass or stainless, plastic tends to fail when you need them the most. I had to replace the washer hookups last weekend when the plastic valve blew apart, lucky we were home.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mdnagel

Greg,

For sure, ALL valves are will be replaced. That includes the washer ones too: though the current ones are brass I'm going to go with PEX in order to reduce fitting connections.

I was just kind of wondering what other people do, whether they look to wall-mount the lines: would likely have to attach a board to mount a drop ear. Not sure how the cabinet pedestal is, or what the flooring support is like under there (so perhaps there's a reason they're out this far); these things would influence how piping would exit the floor.