Question about vapor barrier

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

dsmnightmare

Hi, I had a quick question. I just started setting up my vapor barrier. For the most part everything is dry now especially near the center. However, I did notice one problem. On the back side of my home I am seeing small pools of maybe 4x4" of water pooling on the vapor barrier. Here is currently the situation.

1. I am only about 50% done. Half of the underside is done.
2. I'm only seeing water pool on the vapor barrier on the back side of the home. The front side is dry.
3. The vapor barrier is laid down so that it runs up the skirting about 10 inches or so. It is not taped to the skirting.
4. We've had bit of rain around here.
5. The skirting is getting frost on it when it gets really cold.
6. The bottom blanket does not appear to be sweating.
7. The ground under the vapor barrier is moist.

Any idea as to what could cause this water to be pooling?
Greg

If the belly is not sagging (a sign of a plumbing leak) my guess would be either condensation or possibly rain water getting through somehow.
I had the same issue under my waterline that I never did find the source, but the last time I was under there it was gone.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
dsmnightmare

Thanks Greg, I am just checking every week or so to make sure it stays dry. From what I've been told our water table is much higher than other places so I'm wondering if the ground water rising is causing condensation on the vapor barrier. I don't have any sagging in the areas and also there is no plumbing on that side of the house other than the guest bathroom and there is no sagging there.