Mold rings on sublfoor around plumbing?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

cat_mobile

I am in the process of replacing my tub, so you will probably see me posting frequently on here! I appreciate all the help thus far!

One of the main cause of concerns was finding mold rings around the subfloor around all the plumbing-which indicates that all of it must be leaking or have some issue.
I knew that there was a leak around the tub spout (which was what prompted this whole project to begin with), but I didn't think I would find even more mold elsewhere.

The question is, what can possibly be wrong with all the plumbing? Are they just old and need to be replaced? Do they all have leaks or is it condensation or something else? What is the best fix for this?

I live in a 2004 Skyline.

This is what it looks like now with the blue area indicating where most of the mold was : (i scrubbed a lot of the mold off with mask and gloves on, dish soap and diluted tea tree oil. I didn't want it spreading around in the air while I'm figuring things out...but that is why it looks a bit cleaner but it did not look like that before):
IMG_5358.JPG
This is what a lot of the mold spots looked like prior to cleaning up:
IMG_5342.JPG
Thanks in advance for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

Mold is an indicator of where moisture WAS. Looking at the picture for 2 seconds I can see a possibility of a leak at the drain and possible roof vent leak allowing rain to run down the stack. Once it is on the floor it will seek it's own level and run where ever it pleases.
that is just one possibility.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
FrugalTinkerer

FYI: I've found the best way to clean that up is with hydrogen peroxide.
Let it sit about an hour then scrub with a stiff brush.
It will kill the mold and keep it from coming back.

Patrick
UmpJJ

Mold and Mildew Remover from Dollar General. Cheaper than hydrogen peroxide. It's in a spray bottle. Spray it on, rinse it off. GREAT stuff!

UmpJJ