porch pushing into house

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

thatswhoiam

this is the parking cover in front of my mh....was built about 17 years ago. (see photo links at bottom)

there are 2 posts on the part that is next to house......one on each side......then on the other end there are 3 posts. it is leaning to the right and shifting to the back.....the poles are all a bit swayed....but the one on the right next to the house being the worst...this is where the problem is. it has leaned into the top part on the right side of the mh...and its pushing against the metal siding...causing what looks like a gap right under the small gutter and probably letting water into the wall. ( i really dont want to look). the posts are all set into the concrete patio. there are cracks around the concrete where the posts are.

I need a short term solution for this......no major reconstruction....because im planning on selling or giving away the mh within the next year and moving it off of the property, so I will be tearing the leaning thing down then. but right now i need it for parking my car and the shade it provides. is there a way the cover can be jacked up and additional support added to straighten it up?

it was almost dark when i took the pics, but i will take more tomorrow if needed in order to see if there is some way i can possibly fit some flashing in there for a temporary fix.......

i worry this thing will come crashing down

these are all from right side

thatswhoiam

from left side (the side that is not leaning into the mh)

cover

on left side looking up where it meets mh. this side has a gap

Greg

The first thing that I can think of is to replace the 4 support posts. I think I would set new 6x6 or 6x4 posts next to the existing posts and then re position the roof as you remove the old posts.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
thatswhoiam

i have seen where the roof was jacked up on the side that was sagging, and then another post put on that side then removing old post. not sure if that would work though. of course i cant do any of that myself, but thats never stopped me in the past > (but i dont want this thing to get loose and fall on me or something else)
1987Commodore

Any sign of rot on the post bases?
If they are solid, maybe you could pull that side back to plumb, then install cross braces to keep it from racking again.