What are these?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

crackur

I have 4 or so of these in my house. I asked the previous owners and they don't know either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

Overhead cold air return for the heater?
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
crackur

I have no idea since they don't do anything.
crackur

I have no idea since they don't do anything.
ponch37300

Is it just a cover or vent? Or is it a speaker? Have you taken the cover off to see? I've worked in a couple of older trailers that had speakers in the ceiling.
cmanningjr

Its a speaker.
Greg

ponch37300 wrote:Is it just a cover or vent? Or is it a speaker? Have you taken the cover off to see? I've worked in a couple of older trailers that had speakers in the ceiling.
I forgot all about the older high end mobiles that had whole house stereo systems. a blast from the past!!

Greg
crackur

I was thinking it was a speaker or speakers. I just don't know where the source is at. I'll have to explore more.
cmanningjr

They used to put them in the kitchen area. Sometimes built in the cabinets.
Greg

They used a radio/intercom usually in the kitchen. It may have been taken out by a previous owner if there was a problem with it. Look for a wall plate about 4"x 8" that looks like it is out of place.

Greg
Steve S.

I have these speakers in my 1985 Champion, still functional. Two in the master bedroom and two in the living room on opposite sides of the ceiling. The radio/cassette unit sits in the upper portion of a cabinet between the dining room and kitchen.
crackur

I'm still looking for something that would go to the speakers. I have a radio that is under the cabinet but it is not connected or wired to anything nor are they any places on the wall or under the cabinet I can find. I would really love to use these or replace and use them.

I also have 3 wires 2 in different places in the living room and one where I have my desk that looks like wires for speakers as well coming up from the floor.