New Kinro brand windows??

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

HouseMedic

Well, I have installed over 500 windows with my business but never used this brand of window. I have a 23 x 40 home that was a prefab with the two halves that go together and it does have 2x4 walls but they used a lot of mobile home parts in it when it was built back in 1973. It sits on a block foundation and now I am getting ready to re-do the windows and siding. (it now has regular 8" horizontal aluminum siding) I was wondering if anyone on this board have used the Kinro brand windows? I don't really want to much inside work and they seem to have the sizes that I need. I am going from aluminum sliders to vinyl double hung windows. Most of the windows are 39 1/2" H x 46" wide and just don't know about this brand and also I am wondering if a window of this size would look weird being a double hung style.

Thanks,
Ron
Greg

Based on this I would have second thoughts.

http://kinro.pissedconsumer.com/

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
HouseMedic

Thanks Gregg, That's enough for me to stay away from them. I knew someone on here would have heard about them. Glad I asked. I guess I will just special order in the size i need from Pella or Reliabuilt.

Ron
Greg

Ron, I had never heard of them, I just Googled them. I have wood Pellas in our's I have always liked the looks of wood, but after 16 years they are starting to show their age. I guess I'll have to start planning on replacing the replacement windows down the road. possibly Andersons.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
HouseMedic

The thing is Greg, these are just for my summer place and trying to keep the cost down. Not looking for anything special just can't stand the sliding aluminum ones that are in there now. Over the years I have installed plenty of Pella Thermastar windows and have not had any callbacks on them so I just might look into getting them as new construction with a nailing fin made to size. I was also Googling the Kinro windows and did not see the site you showed. Glad you pointed it out to me. Thanks,

Ron
UmpJJ

If you have a Window World in your area, check them out. We've used their windows in several rental homes (stick built) but they measure for any opening. They're VERY reasonable.

UmpJJ
Mark440

I replaced all of mine via Home Depot. All of the windows were special ordered at no additional cost. Each one (30 x 58) was about $100. Dble pane, e-glass. Bottoms swing out for cleaning. Tops are stationary. White vinyl. Had them about 6 years now - none have had any leaks or foggy glass.
Opportunity has a shelf life.
HouseMedic

Thanks for the info guys.
Ron