Underbelly Repair(need advice)

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

terrifromohio

Two years ago I had the vinyl skirting replaced. The company that replaced it also was to seal up the underbelly and tape and seal any leaks. I was not here, I had a family member dying in the hospital at the time.
The first year, no problems, no frozen pipes, nothing. Mind you this skirting is as tight as a drum, nothing could get in there, maybe mice, but I have not had any mice.
This year, frozen pipes this past winter, even though it was not as cold last winter. So in the meantime I had a leak in the front bathroom at the toilet. I had a guy tear up the subfloor and dammit you could see right clear to the concrete pad.
So I go to the back end of the trailer and pull a piece skirting and there is at least a 3 foot hole in the underbelly in place they were supposed to seal up. Water pex pipes hanging. Mind you they charged me over $200.00 to seal up at that time three small holes.
Then I get to looking and cut a piece of the tape away and I am pretty sure they used duct tape instead of underbelly tape. I am going to post a picture and could someone let me know what they think. Should I call the company and complain? This will cost me hundreds of dollars to fix. I can not fix it myself.

008 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

I agree, it looks like duct tape to me too. They may have used some type of spray adhesive to make it stick, but it is not belly tape. You could try calling and see what if anything (after 2 years) they are willing to do for you.

Mark has belly tape in the site's store. It's not hard to put up, just clean the surface put the tape in place and heat with a heat gun or hair dryer.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
terrifromohio

Greg, thanks. I will order the underbelly tape and the patch for it. I called the company and she is on vacation. Her boyfriend is the one that was supposed to do, actually he got paid to do the job but left some old man here and left, who was supposed to do the repairs.
There is no way I am crawling under this trailer. I HATE spiders, I could care less it there were rats, mice, snakes or a bear under there but spiders no friggin way and I have seen them under there the size of a Mack truck.
So I will get the kit then take the evidence to her office once she gets back from vacation and show her the invoice which I still have where they charged me for Flex Mend tape plus 200.00 labor and put duct tape instead and ask them to fix it properly.