Hey Manitoba Bill

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Hi,

Just wanted to check in on you, saw that huge tornado that went thru Manitoba on the news this morning. Hope you are alright. If you have time please let us know.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Manitoba Bill

Thanks, alright so far. These tornadoes seem to be moving northward, I wonder why?
Even though it missed me this time, it sadly did destroy peoples homes.
Some golf-ball size hail just to the south of me on sat.
Luckily no one was badly injured.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story ... adoes.html
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Good morning,

Glad to see your post. :D Not exactly sure where everyone is, just general locales. Certainly am glad to hear that you and yours are out of harms way. The video on tv shows that tornado as huge. Although loosing a home is certainly traumatic, am really glad to hear that there was no fatalities.

Here in Eastern NC, the national weather is showing us in major rain for days...far from the truth and completely opposite. Been hot as heck, and dry as popcorn. We certainly need some rain! Kind of over cast here this AM, and calling for rain. Generally we get those quick down pours that really do not do alot except fill up the run off drains.

Well, glad to hear from you. Gotta run and get some yard work in while it is still cool enough to do something, it's already 83*.

Have a good day!

Yanita
Maureen

Hey Bill,

Glad to hear that the tornadoes didn't hit you!

Who really knows why weather is going goofy these days!

Just stay safe an keep us posted!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
macmom

Hey Yanita, it is super dry at my house too. It seems to get almost to my house and then dissipates. I think we should get together and do a rain dance. Esther
Manitoba Bill

Thanks for all the kind thoughts. All that happened here is my yard and garden have standing water. Sure wish I could send some of our rain to you. So far this month, our rainy season, I have measured (unofficially) 133mm. That's 5.25" Normal is 90mm. The last 3 days were 75mm, almost the monthly ave. Our summer averages 9 tornadoes, but mostly in open prairie or uninhabited regions. It isn't even the season yet and that is what worries me.

All of you take care, wherever you reside.

I don't want to diminish the terrible tornadoes that ravage the U.S,
just that the storms are moving north to us. Here are some videos/pics from one of your storm-trackers.

http://tornadovideos.decadehost.com/
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
JD
Site Admin

That is some scary pictures, Bill. I think storms are beautiful, but that is when they are "over there" somewhere. But even then, they will usually effect someone. Stay safe in your coming storm season.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Jim from Canada

That is some crazy video. Hope those guys remembered to bring clean underwear!

Jim
Yanita

Hey Everyone,

That is so scary looking! Nothing I even want to get close to. I will take any hurricane in my area over fires and tornado's!

Well we finally got our well needed rain, came yesterday and late last night/early this morning. Do not know how much, but it was alot, some quick flash floods over the roads, nothing major!

I swear the lawn has grown 2 inches since this morning!

So far so good, the Atlantic Ocean is still free of impending storms!

Everyone take care of themselves!

~Yanita~
macmom

The weather this year has been absolutely crazy. Winter didn't arrive here in eastern North Carolina until mid January. Now no rain. Houston is flooding, Okla is flooding 14 inches last night and Colorado is burning. I will have you good folks in my thoughts and prayers.
Yanita, Strange how living just 30 miles apart that you can get a very nice rain and i am still looking for the clouds. YOu folks keep us posted on your safety. Remember nothing is worth your life....Esther
Yanita

Hi Macmom,

A good friend of mine lives about 4 miles up the road from me, they got a bout a 15 minute cloud burst...we got about 3 hours of driving rain, wind, major lightening.

We really needed the rain! Now it is humid, real humid, can watch the ground moisture rise across the lawn!

Have a good day, and hope all is well up your way!

~Yanita~