Fishing

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Yo

Fishing out of Yankeetown, Fl yesterday with three grandkids ages 9,10 and 12. Here’s Jessica with her first fish ever a blacktip shark. Life is good.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
JD
Site Admin

How cool! I love Florida fishing. dund dund ... dund dund .... dund dund (sounds from Jaws)

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi JD

This day we were fishing the incoming tide current between 2 islands in 6 foot of water.

The kids caught 2 redfish directly under the boat! Who da thunk it?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
JD
Site Admin

Yeah Harry, You caught them off guard. They must only get wary if they see you on the front end of a poling flats boat, wearing technical gear and flipping high end tackle. LOL under the boat!

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

LOL

Going out in the am. I'm big on the H&L Factor.

They have to be Hungry and you have to be Lucky!

Hope to catch a nice Blacktip or Nurseshark ...meat for the grill.

Harry
kashton

We went to Kitimat on Sunday. Didn't even see a fish, but it was nice to get out of the house. I have a week off coming up, so I'm spending 3 days working on our place, and the rest of the week at the river!!!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
JD
Site Admin

Harry - What size shark is good for BBQ? Are the little ones good?

kashton - From what Noel Gyger says you might be right at the leading edge of the Chinook run. He says it will be gangbusters on the Kitimat in July. I guess there may be Chum salmon too. From the looks of the pictures, there are some huge fish running.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Harry

Little shark are good breaded and fried. But the limit is one per person and two per boat max. So we usually release the small and go for a biggie.

A 5' shark is good for the grill. Gut them on the boat, ice them down and steak them at the house. Taste like sword fish...actually.

Harry
Harry

Hi

And here you have a silver trout. There is no size or bag limit on these in Florida. Good eating when fresh. The meat is soft so I don't like to freeze em.

Harry

JD
Site Admin

Hey Harry,

I see your boat is a center console. What kind of boat is it?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Harry

Hi

Kenner '18. Mercury Saltwater 90 HP

Harry

JD
Site Admin

Nice boat! I'd like something like that here for lakes in CA. I have a nice Tracker Deep-V where I have enlarged the casting decks, for and aft. But it is your typical tracker with the small drivers cockpit and carpet everywhere. A center console with nonslip floors would be a real fish machine. I don't want a full out flats boat with just the casting deck with no edges. I need some like on your Kenner. But I would like to bring a true Florida boat to Central CA

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Harry

Hi

This boat has the splatter no skid finish. The transom has 2 scuppers so it is self bailing. When the deck gets bloody just put some water down and it runs out the back. Low maintenance.

Tracker is popular here. I may buy one of their jon boats. I have a spare 15hp Yamaha.

Here’s a photo that shows some of the deck. Andy (9 years old) with a ray. These are edible. Fried up with garlic and butter they taste like scallops. We generally release them.

Harry

JD
Site Admin

I see your push pole there. What is the draft on your boat? Do you ever take it into the creeks for tarpon?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

Harry

Hi

Actually that is a black nylon line I use to tie up to the dock and launch....just the right length to stretch between the cleats....keeps it ship shape.

Lots of tarpon in the area. I love to see em fly. Occasionally I jump them with a red jig or red worm. They'll eat most anything.

Harry