WATER SPOTS!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Rhonda

I am not quite sure what is goin on with our ceiling. We have water spots all over the place! We had our roof re-shingled not quite a year ago, the spots started to get really bad after that was done. We had someone come out and look at the roof and they said there was no reason the shingles were causing this. The spots are all in the same line on both halves of the house. About 2 feet from the peak where the halves come together. Any advise?
ponch37300

What kind of venting did they use when they did the new roof?
Rhonda

I guess I am not sure that they used anything different than what we had before. They just replaced old vents with new ones. The weird thing is that these spots don't match up with vents.
Greg

If the spots appeared AFTER the work was done, I would have to believe that it is a result of something that was done. It is hard to say if it is a result of a leak caused by a shingle issue or a leaking vent or possibly a lack of ventilation issue.

I think I would try working with the contractor that did the roof first in a non threatening manner first and see where that goes. If the gloves have to come off later, at least you tried.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Rhonda

I think the gloves will have to come off. We had them look at it also and they claim it is not their issue. Thanks so much for the responses........GAME ON!! ;)
Greg

You could get another contractor to come out and look at it. Get his opinion on it and then confront the first one with the information. If you can get anything in writing that will also give documentation for any legal action.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."