Removing Dents

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rockncountry101

Hey guys! I have a quick question. I had a man come and replace my roof and when he was trimming the overhang he put a ladder up and down the siding of my house putting several dents in it in the process. :oops: Under the gutters there is a trim that fits over the vertical metal siding. This stuff seems a little tougher than the other metal. I can't get my hands under it. I know I pulled out a dent one time by using masking tape and a rag believe it or not. It won't work on this part. I'm talking he didn't just leave one or two but about 10. Any ideas? Thanks!
Norm Frechette

suction cup?

Greg

If you get lucky you can slightly push in under and above the dent on one of the "raised" ridges and pop it out. If it is actually kinked than you will have to work it from the back side.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
HouseMedic

As far as I am concerned it is the contractors responsibility to get this fixed. I take great care in not messing up a customers property. I would call a paintless dent puller company and get an estimate. With any texture of the panels it is hard to get the suction type cups to grab well but that would also be something you could try. You could try one of these. http://www.harborfreight.com/4-1-2-half ... 40993.html

Ron