Doggie By-products

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

LynnieCheb

One thing I hadn't considered before moving is that we no longer have a garage to deposit our Sheltie-dogs little poop presents. We have to bag them immediately (not a problem), but I'm too lazy to walk all the way back to the shed to throw them out. If I toss them in with the kitchen garbage then I have to smell them while cooking (blech). Although it does add a whole new dimension to the supper-making experience.......

I tried buying a used Diaper Genie (one of those things to put used diapers into so they don't smell) but can't seem to get the dang thing to work).

He also piddles on the front lawn and is already killing the grass.

Ideas, anyone?

Lynnie C.
Harry

Hi Lynnie

Those Shelties are gorgeous dogs! Do they poop IN the house?

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Barb P

How about a Doggy Dooley? It's a container with a domed top, and I would imagine, no bottom, that you drop into a hole in the ground, (that you've dug, of course).
You add enzymes and it's supposed to work like a septic tank, I think.
You could put it close to the home.

Here's link to products
http://www.petstreetmall.com/Doggy-Dool ... s/644.html
Last edited by Barb P on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarbP
Yanita

Well if they are doing their business in the house, and they are small dogs...how about flushing down the toilet.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi Lynnie

Here's a link to some dog doo products:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/search/s ... 2647084662

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
LynnieCheb

I hadn't thought about just flushing down the toilet - in our previous place the water pressure was awful and couldn't handle his "stuff" (I think he's the world's biggest Sheltie) but here might be a different matter.

Yes, Harry, he is a gorgeous dog, and the best-tempered animal you will ever meet. He's already best friends with every child on the block - you can hear screams of "Mac's outside!" for miles when we put him out to take care of business.

But the Dooley thing could be an option, too. If we can ever get to the point where we aren't sinking money into the house right and left, I'll be giving it a whirl!

Lynnie C.
Maureen

Hi Lynnie,

I'm still not real clear, if this dog does his business in the home, he needs to be house trained to go outside.

If he's doing his business outside, then YOU need to train him to keep off the grass! You need to designate an area just for him, and keep it clean.

We've got a 150 lb pound German Shepard. He has his area in the yard to do his business. We use a pooper scooper and place that in a plastic bag and deposit that in our outdoor trash can. I wouldn't have that in my indoor garbage at all!

We've owned many dogs over the years. large and small. This method has worked for us.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'