Floor is rotted under entrance door

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

RickW

IMG_0029.JPG
Our floor is rotted in front of the the door and extends to the right a little bit as you can see from the picture. I just started so I still have to cut the area straight and take the door and frame off. My question is this. The area to the right and I may have to go to the left a little too are where the floor meets the wall. I cannot get the particle board out from under the wall so do I have to worry about the wall collapsing or losing strength if I attach some boards to the frame under the wall extending them out past the wall and laying the new plywood onto them. I know it isn't textbook but it is a small area and I really don't have the skills to jack up the wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

Don't sweat the stuff under the wall. You can sister some joists along the wall to support the edge of your patch. You can do the same at the joists or center the cut on the joists.

Damage by doors & windows are very common problems in Mobiles, I'm sure you will get better with practice.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
RickW

Wow, thank you for the QUICK reply Greg. I really appreciate it! I will sleep better because of it believe me.
mh_doni49

Is the portion under the wall rotten too?
Don I
Holts Summit, MO
(Central MO)
RickW

There was a small area in front of the wall and under the wall that was so I ripped it out. So if you feel under the wall now you can feel jagged edges of the clean stuff that I cannot get all the way out.