What is this small groove in vinyl windows?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

My mobile home has cheap, thin wood in all the window sills. I removed all of it and plan on adding some drywall, corner beads, mud, etc. I noticed a small groove around the entire vinyl window and I'm not sure what it's for. Any ideas?

Thanks!
groove.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD
Site Admin

Maybe back up and take another picture so we can see this groove in context. Right now it is feeling like a "Guess this Groove" contest!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
nestsman

Here is another photo of the window where you can see the groove going around the edges.

Thanks
groove2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HouseMedic

Are you talking about the groove that is part of the window? If so they make pieces that fit into them for when you put two windows together to make a double window. I would caulk or spray window foam around that window and then put a piece of trim going around it.

Ron