Always something happening here!

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

troyster

Thanks JD. water has receded away from all the homes and streets are open for flood victims to return to there homes. things are looking normal again and the only evidence of a flood is ground water in some yards. snow pack is heavy but most of it is higher up the mountains so chance of another flash flood is slim. The higher snow levels are tightly packed and high enough up the mountain that the melt will be slower. They said the current river level for the Skeena river is closer to normal level. Thanks go out to all for your thoughts and prayers.
Maureen

Hey Troyster... and Kaston!

Very glad to hear Troyster's latest report on the flood.

I know it probably did damage to landscape around your homes, but at least you're still standing and homes are alright!

All of our snow in the high elevations has already melted. Even the snow we got 3 days ago! We got up to 85 today and took care of that snow! Normally, our highest peaks don't lose snow until after July 4th. Weather isn't normal anymore at all!

Best of luck with the clean up!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
kashton

They won't lift the state of emergency though, at least for a few more days. The water behind me has started to receed, and now I will deal with the mass amount of mosquito larva back there. No damage to our yards.

Thanks to everyone on the site for keeping up on what was happening here. Now, back to the renos and work.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
kashton

Just want to add one more thing to this topic.

The rock trucks have be running steady to build a dyke at the end of Graham where we live. People don't realize that those trucks need alot of time to come to a stop, or even slow down. My heart goes out to the family whose 23 year old son was hit and killed by one of those trucks the other day. He was on a bike, with earphones on, and did not hear the flagger yelling at him about the truck coming. These trucks are running past my daughter's school, and people are still running their kids across the road when they pick them up.

Why is it that people still don't understand the dangers, even when there has been a death to prove it!
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!