Blistering panel seam covers

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

I think the panel seam covers are particle board covered with a vinyl covering of some sort. I don't know if it's due to water damage or just age, but the covering is starting to blister/bubble in various places around the home. What is the best way to deal with this? Replace them? Sand off the blistering part and paint over it? See the attached screenshot.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
panels.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD
Site Admin

I believe those strips are 1/8" luan with a vinyl covering. What caused it? You are probably right on both counts. I would just replace them.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
nestsman

Would Home Depot carry stuff like this? And do they make corner molding that is once piece? Throughout my home they used to batten for every corner. Real cheap looking.
ponch37300

I've replace some broken ones I think I got them at lowes but HD should have them also. They do have the corner pieces also, http://www.lowes.com/SearchCatalogDispl ... orner+trim#!