Best liquid self-leveling compound

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

I have some uneven areas in my mobile home. Yes, I know, I was shocked too. Before I redo the whole house with new vinyl flooring, I wanted to check with the experts on the best liquid self leveling compound that is available. Any suggestions for a person who has never used this kind of stuff before? The youtube videos make it look easy.

By the way, anyone against the idea of putting vinyl flooring throughout the whole house? The ranch is a dirty place and I'm thinking it will be too difficult to keep carpet clean. Maybe some rugs here and there will help to prevent the house from sounding hollow when I talk in there.

Thank you.
ponch37300

First, have you checked the level of trailer itself to see if it needs re leveling? If the beams for the trailer are level then the floor should be fairly level. It would be WAY easier and cheaper to re level the trailer then to use self leveling compound. I would at least check this with a water level before going threw the trouble of self leveling.

As for vinyl all threw the house, personally I wouldn't like that. But it would be easy to clean if that's what you're after.