Blower is squealing

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

oldtimer

I have a E2EH012HA Furnace. The blower is starting to squeal after running about 5 minutes.
Is there a belt that needs replacing or something else.Is there an oil hole to squirt some oil into it ?
I am going replace the sequencer on the 1st when I get my check.
Thanks
God Bless +
Thank you
God Bless
DaleM

No belt, it is direct drive. From your othr post about cleaning the blower. It's okay to remove the blower motor and wheel from the blower housing but don't disassemble the motor. It's a motor with sealed bearings....NO oiling ports. Nothing you can do to the bearings to revive them. Replace the motor.
oldtimer

I did take the motor apart too ( before I saw yer post ) . The bearings are sealed but with the shaft all the way out I can see inside a little gap or seam so I squirted some 3in1 oil in both sides and put it back together and it's working great for two days now ..
Thanks
God Bless +
Thank you
God Bless
DaleM

I have disassembled some motors and have done that as well but only in a pinch and ONLY until I could get a new motor for my customer. Keep in mind I am a mobile/manufactured home contractor and have to keep my customers happy. Callbacks are no good.

In your case, since it is your motor, if it fails anytime soon there is no one to blame but yourself, I hope it works flawlessly for you for many years to come.
flcruising

I would have oiled it too, though I use a heavy weight oil instead of 3-in-water. I keep synthetic gear oil around for moving things that get squeaky.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]