Water filter

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

oldtimer

Everytime the park shuts off the water for a repair when turned back on we always get bits of junk in our faucet airators. Is there a screen like one for a washing machine to put somewhere to stop this. How would I put one where the supply line comes from the park to the home ?
Thanks
God Bless +
Thank you
God Bless
opinion free

Hi, my place has this thing called a whole house water filter. It looks very easy to install, for a plumber or a decent DIY'er, neither of which I am. All I have to do it is change the filter 4 times a year.
Available at Lowe's: Whirlpool Clear Whole House Water Filtration System

Item #: 89378 | Model #: WHKF-DWHBB

Available at Home Depot: DuPont Valve-in-head Whole House Water Filtration System Model # WFPF38001C
Internet # 203440239

I live in a very mineral rich water area. It seems to do a nice job at keeping all of the sediment and stuff from getting through and into the internal water system. I use the carbon wrap replacement filters, not the basic ones. If I can figure out how to get a picture from my phone to the computer I will upload a picture of how it looks in action. Hope this helps.
dave
opinion free

Hi, I was able to upload the picture. This is what the whole house water filter looks like connected at my home. I think it does a very nice job at keeping the sediment and other water line clogging stuff from entering into the house plumbing lines. dave
image (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jpingram5

Yes, it would be wise to install a "Whole House Filter". Can be found at a HomeDepot or Lowes for reasonable prices. This will help with the "Dirt aka Sediment" but some may still pass through especially lime scale if your water is hard.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80