A/C Works, Heat and Blower Don't

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mrjay76

So the weather is beginning to turn cool in south Louisiana. Woke up to 59 degrees in the house. I like it, but my kids and wife don't. So, I turn on the heater. Typically, after about 8 seconds or so, the unit "clicks" and the heater comes on. I wait 60 seconds...5 minutes....still nothing. The unit never clicked and the blower never came on. The A/C works fine, however.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

I have a Coleman EB15B

Thanks,
Jay
DaleM

Be sure the power is on to the furnace. Then check for low voltage from the transformer.
mrjay76

Thanks, Dale.

I get 246 line, and 26 load. I should be getting 40 on load, correct?

Also, if the transformer is bad, why is the AC working?
DaleM

Without the system in front of me you could have a 2 transformer system. That 26 sounds right, minimum is 24. Check your sequencer. Once you turn the tstat to heat and high enough for it to start the sequencer should get 24 volts to it. It will then cycle the furncae through it's paces. If 24 is at sequencer and nothing happens I would replace the sequencer.
mrjay76

Thanks again, Dale. I appreciate the help.

Here is a link to a manual I scrapped together from internet pics. I made a PDF out of it. Does this help you? See page 13.
http://db.tt/TE8804on
DaleM

Check to see what voltage you have at the sequencer between H1 and H2 as well as H3 and H4. If 24 volts present at each of those connections then the sequencer is most likely bad. Once control voltage (24v) is put to the coil on the sequencer, thermodiscs activate the blower circuit and the heating elements to come on "sequentially".