Squeeeeek No More?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rockncountry101

Everybody is saying how awesome this product is. Here is my question. If I don't hit a 2x6 joist, then is there a chance of hitting anything else? (pipes, a/c duct, ect) I've talked to people who used this in a mobile home, but how do you know what's right underneath?
Greg

There shouldn't be anything screwed TO the bottom of the floor, but there could be plumbing mounted to the edge of the joist at the top just under the floor. I would guess that for the most part you should be safe with the possible exception of the area where the heat ducts run since water lines usually run in the same area.

I would try a good stud finder AND the "Hammer tap" method to locate the joists.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
KLBoldon

this product looks great - definately going to help me from going insane with the creaking in one of my rooms. In the youtube video for the product, he talks about using 16" spacing as a rule of thumb for joists. I assume he is referring to stick built, will that apply to mobile as well? which way do joists usually run in a double wide? Do they run length or width way?
UmpJJ

The 16" spacing is for MH as well as stick built. The joists run side to side (width way).
This is a wonderful product!

UmpJJ