Question About Floor Repair...

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rockncountry101

I bought a new Legacy mobile home back in February. Right off the bat I had a creaking/groaning/moaning sound. Turns out it was the plumbing straps that were holding the pipes in place. There were blocks around them to hold them in place during the construction phase. Legacy had to come out several times, because the sound would transfer to different areas. He FINALLY got all the piping structure problems out of the way. However, I late developed just a popping sound when walking on the same area. Someone came out later and tightened all the lag bolts. This didn't help the situation at all. The noise is still there. There seems to be one particular area that is the catalyst to the problem. However, it also transfers, but stays in the master bedroom/bathroom. The rest of the house is fine. I've been told it could be a loose floor board or a loose floor joist. Like I said, the lags have been tightened, so that shouldn't be the problem. It can't be the plumbing as that's been corrected. Other than that, I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Perhaps the a/c ducts? They don't make noise when it's on or off other than the occasional popping. One last thing that I'll add is that as soon as I step into my room and walk to the other end, I will hear it ALL AROUND me. It's like a domino effect.
Greg

If the home is not level that can cause floors to pop. There are other problems that can cause this also such as missed nails in the subfloor or joists. I would let Legacy know and put the ball in their court.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."