Muttering under my breath….

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

dedou

OK, this is the THIRD post in the past few minutes - the other two disappeared when I hit "preview" and went into the great unreachable beyond. I just hit "preview" on this and it showed up, what the hey? Is anyone else having trouble with the site?
Well, I'll go ahead and try yet again: I am trying without success to upload a few photos because I'm having a toilet problem (that didn't sound right). I have an editing program on my computer called Photoshop Elements, which doesn't have a way to tell me the KIB of the file I'm resizing, so my photos are too big. I was so frustrated trying to upload an avatar earlier this year, that I finally gave up. I would reduce the photo to under a half inch in size and it was still "too big". Can someone help me with this? I really need to show you what's going on with this leak and get some help on the Repair forum, thanks! (PS: my editing program will tell me the inches and/or pixels of the photo, but not the KIB or MB.)
Thank you,
Devon
Greg

Under the "Submit & Preview" boxes you will see 2 tabs Options & upload attachment. Click the upload to allow you to chose a file from your computer to upload.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
dedou

Hi there Greg,
Yep, that's what I did and both times, the site either kicked me back to "login" (which meant I lost everything), or told me my photo file was too big. On my editing software,
I can't see megabytes or kilobytes (?) used, but I sized them down to smaller than I've seen on here on other posts, so am frustrated. I have a Mac computer, so don't know if the glitch is in my computer or what. Guess I'll try to download another type of editing program and see where it gets me. Do you mind me asking what program you use?
Thanks!
Devon
dedou

Well, I've posted photos on here before, and I've just (finally) figured out how to do it again, yay. I just keep one tab up with my posting on it, bring up my editing program and then adjust and see if the site will accept it. Dicey, a pain in the butt, but I was able to post about my current questions, so thanks!
Devon
JD
Site Admin

For your avatar, save the image in gif format and it should be a small enough file size to submit. Never messed with an Mac, but I would think they can make a gif since they are the king of graphics.

Will be getting a Mac Book Pro soon for audio editing and track mixing.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
WildIrish

The easiest way to see the file size while uploading it is this. When the dialog box opens, click the little icon on the upper right of it. This will show you the sizes of all the files in your folder.

If you're using Windows, you can also just open the folder your file is in. Click VIEW, then there should be something to the effect of "view details". (Sorry I don't know the exact word/phrase...I'm using Linux now!) Click it, and the file sizes will appear. Do the same thing to go back to your regular list view.

If you don't want to do that, just right-click the file name, then click PROPERTIES, and a window should pop up, giving you details incl. file size.

Also, there's a freeware photo editing program called IrfanView which is simple to use and very versatile. Much quicker and easier than Photoshop Elements, if you're just resizing an image in a hurry.
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
dedou

Thank you, WildIrish!
Devon
dedou

And you, too J.D. - just saw that you two posted a reply - please excuse my late thanks :oops:
Devon