Counter Top Lift Out Section

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

JeepsOLot

I made a lift out section for the counter top, it worked out well. The wife wanted a section between the stove and the counter top where the sink is. She needed it removable so she could get to the drawer in that corner.

Here it is without the section:

Here is the section:

Here is the corner:

Here is the counter top from the fridge to the stove and the lift out section I made:

I cut a section of counter top, then, used the aluminum transition pieces I got from Lowe's, and screwed them to the section. The pieces from Lowe's are made to be used between the counter top and stove to eliminate the gap between them. They worked well in this application!

Jerry
Greg

Looks good. In case you didn't already, you may want to put something soft on the bottom side of the Aluminum to prevent scratching the stove & counter. A piece of foam strip insulation should work fine.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JeepsOLot

Yep, getting strip stick-on foam tomorrow for that very thing! I was thinking of that last night. Thanks for the tip!
JD
Site Admin

Heat resistant stuff, right? Might be better from an auto parts store.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
larryjohnson

Your granite counter tops looks amazing. In order to avoid it from scratching cover the counter tops with some of the materials like rubber sheet, cloth, plastic or wooden board. You also get some spray available in market to remove stain or scratches from the counter tops.
Last edited by larryjohnson on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dedou

Your idea worked out really well - thanks for posting the photos!
Devon