roof over

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

tommy1

i live in florida, i have a 26 - 42 1994 manufactured home. i recently got an estimate for a aluminum roof over installed with 2 1/2" of foil insulation. the price for permits and all was 5,400 dollars does this sound about right, im thinking about having it installed next week?

p.s. they said it would be engineered and up to code, thank you.
Greg

Hi & welcome. The price does not sound too outrageous to me, but I really am not sure how prices run in your area. Perhaps Aaron or JD can give a more sound answer.

You can also do a search and see if any prices are thrown around, I know the topic has been brought up he before.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Norm Frechette

i'd get a few more estimates and then make a decision

i'm in Connecticut so i'm sure not the one to tell you if that's a high, low or middle of the road price
1987Commodore

A few years ago, our neighbors had a similar roof put on their single, and I heard it was about $6000 then.
bobfather99

Norm Frechette wrote:i'd get a few more estimates and then make a decision
Great idea, get several estimates. Gives you a chance to meet and talk to contractors and get a good price. Dont go for the best price if you dont feel comfortable with who will be doing the work.
Tip your bartender.....
steelworkersgal

I had a roof over done November of last year and it was around $4,700.00 and I have a 16 X 80. They did a nice job and it was white aluminum and 3 inch polyfoam (?) board insulation with reflective film on one side. The roof looks so much better then the galvinized steel that I had plus no roof rumble and when it rains you can not hear it. I could also tell the diffrence in my heating bill now to see if it helps with my cooling bill this summer.
You can do anything if you put your mind to
jon24538

We had a roof over done in early March of this year in Virginia. 14x65 and it was 6700.00 but that included two nice sized awnings. Same 3" polyfoam as above. We have been renovating with no hvac at all and the roof makes a difference for sure. With the windows open and a fan running I can almost see through the sweat! :)