2007 Hurricane Season

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

The 2007 season has begun. Tropical Storm Barry is headed our way. We need the rain bad. The forecast is 3” to 6” with a max of 10” rain and 50 mph winds. No evacuation at this time. I cleaned the 6” rain gutters yesterday. We be ready.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
kashton

I'm glad you are ready. Between kids, work, and Reno's here, I'm not ready for what is coming. I need to get the porta-potty, solar panel, Coleman lantern, and extra propane tanks from the camper. Then I have to set the camper on blocks instead of saw-horses. Then I still have to make sure our place is ready. The rivers are coming up quick now. The back channel has about 6 feet till it reaches the back of the park. The creek behind my cousins house(where my camper is) is up to 8 and a half metres. They will flood at 10. Still there is allot of snow on the mountains.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I'm at the front, twirling a baton!
Harry

WOW

Sounds like you need to hook up the camper and move to high ground. Good Luck.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Thanks for the weather forecast Harry...hmmm, I certainly know better this time of year to keep an ear out on the weather channel.

Been real busy and simply forgot this is the beginning of the season. Should remember though, middle Granddaughter Kayla turns 5 today, and trust me...she can be a mini hurricane on some days!

OK, gotta check the weather now...hmmm, gas just went below $3. a gallon, guess that won't last long.

TTYL,

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Yanita

Good morning Harry,

How ya doing down there. Heard this morning that you guys are getting alot of rain.

We are already getting flood warnings. Same as you, we need the rain, but such a large amount can and usually does bring it's own problems.

Post back when you are able, let us know you are alright, not floating down the road somewhere. :wink:

~Yanita~
Harry

Hi

We're in good shape....so far. Still raining. Still got electric.

Lots of needed rain. So this one is turning out to be a blessing....knocking on wood.

Harry
Yanita

Hi,

Thanks for posting back...

Yup, you can feel it in the air here, bands of clouds...

Woo Hoo, we need the rain as well, guess I won't water the plants today, top off the pool or the water garden! Got the acre of yard mowed, and cleaned the gutters, made sure the catch basin was free of debri as well...

I hope this is not a sign of things to come, day one of the season already sees a tropical storm...hmmmm, better stay prepared!

~Yanita~
Harry

Hi

Here's what NOAA says:

Harry
Manitoba Bill

Yanita;
I can see the outer bands of the storm headed for you on the east coast. This is the first thing I look at every morning.

Click on your state, then again for a closer look. There are links for Hurricanes also on AccuWeather.

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/maps-satell ... =1&large=1

The link should open with sat. and radar for all NA. If it doesn't that may be because I have a cookie on my PC.
[color=red]
I'm not an Expert, just a DIY[/color]
Yanita

Thanks Manitoba Bill,

It's coming, realllly dark out right now.

Went to our granddaughters birthday party and then went to help friends get boats and jet skies out of the water.

Got home and started with the removal of deck furniture, hanging plants and other things that become yard missiles with 50mph winds....and sooooo it begins! :roll:

Our coast is potentially going to get pretty beat up, the typical erosion thing. We will be fine, even if there is local flooding.

How is your way Harry?
Harry

Hi

The storm has passed. All ok.

Harry
Yanita

Hey Harry,

Glad to hear from you and that you, family and homestead are fine!

It's real dark here, but we have not even gotten enough rain to fill a teaspoon!

~Yanita~
Maureen

I just had to respond to this! You all know that I do watch the weather to see how everyone is doing around the country each morning! Glad to hear that both Yanita and Harry made it through just fine.

They're saying that this might be another bad hurricane season this year.

I had to laugh today. We have had our bad T-Storms the last 5 days. Normally, these don't hit until July, but weather is wacky these days. Lots of small fires, all taken care of rather quickly. So, one of our friends calls me this afternoon. We had our best T-Storm yesterday, that actually included rain. Yes, dry thunder storms do exist! Anyway, she called to mention just how much rain they got 3 blocks away. I wasn't sure what to say. We had rain, but not enough to dampen the ground for more than an hour. Her ground was still soaked this morning!

Life isn't fair, I had to get out and water this morning. Go figure! I didn't get enough water to even keep the planters moist. Of course, I only have a few annuals still alive in each planter, but I'm danged if I'm going to let them all die.

Maureen

8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Yanita

Hi All,

Well moving deck furniture was a pain, and not needed this time around. Got a little breezey but nothing out of the ordinary.

Rain, oh yeah, it made it here, lots of it. LOL, do not have to top off the pool, water garden or water plants for a few days.

It's right back to hot temps and LOTS of humidity! :lol:

Guess now I will watch everything thrive from the moisture and wait for the next weather event.

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
Jim from Canada

Got a nice t-storm last night. We really needed some rain! Found some leaky areas in the roof. No funds to fix it, we need to totally re roof and that will be about 5K. Yeesh, hope the lottery kicks in my way soon, lol.

Jim