Krud Kutter? Other ideas for first clean?

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

lrjester

I may be too late, but here's my 2 pennys worth!...lol
I use Castrol "Super Clean", found in the auto dept of Walmart. I hadn't heard of it till I worked a housekeeping job at a hotel once, and they used it to deep clean the shower/baths, baseboards and anything else washable. You can use it in varying strengths, from light to full strength. Best used with gloves though, but it works wonders with cigarette smoke stains etc. Anyway, ever since then, I keep a gallon in my cleaning supplies. :D
LynnieCheb

As it turned out, we needed everybody's suggestions plus a few more. The house probably hadn't gotten a good cleaning since the day it was built........EWWWWW. Simple Green in the jug was the most versatile since I can mix it weak or strong as the cleaning job requires and it does have a nice clean scent that doesn't bowl you over like Pine Sol. Krud Kutter is great for the harder/greasier stuff. On the REALLY awful stuff I used an engine degreaser.

As I've said before, I'm not a neat-nik but this place made even my skin crawl. But it's looking much better now, and continues to look better every day!

Thanks again for the help!
Yanita

Glad we could help!

Yup, some cleaning projects require more than one cleaner.

If you come across some products that you have used and recommend please post them, LOL, we kinda have our own consumer reports as well.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jim from Canada

Cleaning....Probably as many answers as there are people..lol. We have a big dog and have learned to live with dog hair. She is a sweetie, but part Malamute so has a double coat with fine under hair that sheds constantly. Everything else though, gets tidied and cleaned as we go. We have found that reglar dish soap does well on grease, Windex on windows, glass, quick clean ups on the fridge and stove. Heavy cleaning brings out the easy off oven cleaner. Sal likes the pump bottle over the aeresol can. Heavy stains in the showers and tubs etc. is handled by toilet bowl cleaner....we have a lot of lime in our water. Heating the gas stove really helps with the cleaning, watch out for burns though.

Jim
LynnieCheb

I've been terribly spoiled for the past many years and have had self-clean ovens, so had forgotten how fragrant Easy-Off is. Darn near suffocated DH and Sheltie Dog using the Easy-Off last night. (At least it worked!) I didn't know it also came in pumps, but will look for that instead of the cans.

Shelties are the same way with the coats. In our last place we had two cats in addition. Fur flying was a fact of life. We're down to just the dog here and I do miss the kitties, but I can tell the difference in the amount of dander flying in the air.

Lynnie C.
Greg

I'm a firm believer in the citrus based cleaners. We buy in bulk but Walmart has the premixed (rubbermade has a good one). In bulk I can mix from taking off adhisive to general cleaning depending on how much water I mix with it. PLUS it smells good!!!
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."