putting two singlewides side by side

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mrstovar

I'm thinking about buying two used singlewide mobile homes if we buy the lot we are considering. The reason is, I bake quite a bit and I like a large space for that, plus we like having the smell and mess away from where we live. Right now we live in an old house and I bake in the basement while we live upstairs. I think we can buy an extra house trailer for less money than we'd spend making a basement but the trouble is, in this township, you need to pay $50.00 a month for each building you want to hook up to the public sewer. So, I'm wondering if we could put the two trailers together like one building to save money but install them separately except for a doorway between the two, not trying to join two walls. Would this work? Any idea if the township would except this? Thanks for any help you can give.
Greg

You would need to check with the Town officials and get their approval before doing much planning, But I would say it could be done. I am not sure how functional the lay out would be, but a single wide is easy to move/remove walls in.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mrstovar

Thanks Greg.