New Mobile Home Floors Noisy

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rockncountry101

Is it normal for a new mobile home to have creaky floors? Someone told me that it takes a while for the break-in period.
JD
Site Admin

I would say it is more common than "normal", especially in older homes. New homes do need to "settle in" to place. Most mobile home dealers will schedule or at least suggest to have the home releveled after a year or so, which may take care of the squeaks. Squeaks can also happen from poor framing, loose frame bolts and sometimes a stressed subfloor. I would have the home releveled and have the squeaks addressed before the end of the warranty period for sure. I don't want to say that squeaks are normal because many homes I see have no noticeable squeaks, at least that I can notice. It is possible when everything is quiet at night, that some quiet homes squeak a little too.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
rockncountry101

You pay $30,000 for a mobile home and it comes with the same length warranty as a $300 tv. That's just wrong.