Heating and blower will not come on all the time

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

aamirghanchi

I have Nordyne E2EB-023HA electric furnace. The heating and blower will not come on all the time. Its very random. I have replaced the thermostat with a new one, but the problem persists. It comes on when I flip the brakers off and on at the braker panel, but then after few heating cycles will not come on. The thermostat will show the room temperature to be 68 whereas I have set it to 72 or higher. I have a multimeter I can use to troubleshoot the problem, but don't know where to begin with. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Aamir.
DaleM

I have only seen this happen one other time, but you may have a sequencer hanging up. Hard to trouble shoot out. If it works all tests good, when it fails you have to gently be able to get your test leads on the terminals of the sequencer to test for 24v. If 24v is there and nothing is happening then replace sequencer. If you so much a tap it while getting the leads in it may click ON. You could also have the furnace open and when the unit fails and Tstat is calling for heat, TAP the sequencer with a screwdriver handle, if that gets you going replace the sequencer.
aamirghanchi

Thanks Dale.

I will give it a try. I even dont know where the sequencer is, but I will poke around :)

Thanks again.
aamirghanchi

Hi,

I am back after 2 and a half years and all wiser :) and am trying to replace the sequencer after all. But the new sequencer (01-0843) is a bit different when it comes to the M4 conection. ON the original sequencer M4 point/blade was such that one of the black wire coming from the breaker and the other black wire coming from the transformer were able to connect to it as seen in this picture
nordyne sequencer.jpg
But in the new sequencer there is place to connect only one wire at a time at the M4 point. For now I have connected both the black wires on to this single blade by using a paper clip and heating the house, but for the long term fix where should I connect both the wires at some decent places. I still see some of the blades empty. probably one of the wire goes to one of these empty blades/points.

All advices are appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.