Plumbing Under Bath Sink

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

bigedschukar

Hey Ya'll!

Is the below plumbing set-up normal for mobile homes? I come from stick construction so I was taken aback when I opened the cabinet to see this...

Thanks!
- Big Ed
Greg

Normal-no, common-Yes. Production line assembly. Get it done fast, hide it no will see it.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
1987Commodore

At least you have shut offs, a good many don't.
JD
Site Admin

Those are all correct parts, but the alignment could be corrected. You don't want push/pull tension on drain plumbing. It looks like the "T" to the vertical pipe is not lined up with the hole in the floor and/or cabinet, forcing it to that angle. Moving the T or the hole would correct that. That short horizontal 1 1/2" pipe looks like it needs to be longer to line up the tail piece. Cut the pipe, add a coupler and a correct length of 1 1/2" and a 1 1/2" to 1 1/4" adapter. Under $10 and it looks good! Hopefully you won't need to replace the bottom of the cabinet. JMO
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
bigedschukar

Well, JD called it....the tension that is. I un-did everything and pulled the vanity to find that the pipe had cracked but someone just foamed the heck out of it. Oddly enough, it worked and the underbelly does not appear to be damaged! No mold or anything, so either I'm really lucky, or the previous owners replaced the underbelly (either way lucky I guess).

Any how, thanks everyone for the input!!
- Big Ed